House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mrliberty

All Good In Nottingham (anecdotal)

I have just been browsing the web for flat rentals in Nottingham. I was doing the same thing a year ago, and there wasn't much below £500 per month. Now equivalent rentals that were edging towards £600 a month, are getting closer to £400-450. I could now get a 2 bedroom semi for flat money.

A load of new-build "exec" apartments are coming on-line, and there are a lot of them on wrongmove. Go past at night and most appear to be empty.

Don't have any data to support this as yet, but will try and get back with figures and examples for you all after the weekend. Had to post as a year ago I was at the height of dispair!

:)

Edited by Mrliberty

Guest wrongmove

A load of new-build "exec" apartments are coming on-line, and there are a lot of them on wrongmove.

That might explain my headache..... :)

I looked at the property pages of the Post for the first time in months this week. It was very encouraging ! Lots of properties, many 'new lisings' and 'new prices'. More houses in my price range than last time I looked. Even the rampant indices are showing a flat market in the E Mids. Do you have any links to rental websites in Nottingham ? I need to find a place for someone who is moving here, and at the prices you quote, I may fancy a change of scene myself.

Cheers.

I have just been browsing the web for flat rentals in Nottingham. I was doing the same thing a year ago, and there wasn't much below £500 per month. Now equivalent rentals that were edging towards £600 a month, are getting closer to £400-450. I could now get a 2 bedroom semi for flat money.

A load of new-build "exec" apartments are coming on-line, and there are a lot of them on wrongmove. Go past at night and most appear to be empty.

Don't have any data to support this as yet, but will try and get back with figures and examples for you all after the weekend. Had to post as a year ago I was at the height of dispair!

:)

I am a second year student at Nottingham and I have to say that your observations are similar to mine. When I started the second year in sept 2005 there were still loads of student lets on the market and this year the situation is going to be even better. A lot of landlords are deluded about the price they can rent shit holes for. Some properties I've been tracking since the beginning of November are still up for rent.

Also, have you noticed how most of the adverts for new build flats for rent in the Evening Post are actually for multiple flats? They generally feature a picture of a flat in a particular development and say something like, “1-3 beds available”. Makes you wonder just how many flats in each block they have on their books.

Tim.

That might explain my headache..... :)

I looked at the property pages of the Post for the first time in months this week. It was very encouraging ! Lots of properties, many 'new lisings' and 'new prices'. More houses in my price range than last time I looked. Even the rampant indices are showing a flat market in the E Mids. Do you have any links to rental websites in Nottingham ? I need to find a place for someone who is moving here, and at the prices you quote, I may fancy a change of scene myself.

Cheers.

www.rightmove.co.uk

nottingham.gumtree.co.uk <- private lettings

For agent's websites it's best to look through Evenign Post and pick out the URLs from there.

Edited by TimG