House Price Crash Forum

Daily Express Headline!

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Bart of Darkness

But we've got iPods, dude! iPods!

And widescreen plasma TVs.

load of nonsense first post, but unbelievable that you had to edit it!!!! :)

TB

Maybe his figures didn't add up?

That looks like something in binary to me. Maybe it's a way of getting around the swearing filter?

HOLA444
HOLA445

The Express editor has obviously got quite a vested interest in property. I heard in on five live the other night blatantly ramping the apparent current mini boom.

In his own words. "forget about the debt, get in on the market!'

Also included his advice 'Borrow more than you can afford because you won't regret it'

The guy is a classic knobend. There is no doubt.

HOLA446
I think you have the wrong end of the stick here-

We ARE richer than we were 50 years ago. BUT we have become more and more demanding with ever higher expectations. These days we arent happy with a holiday to the Isle of Wight- we need 4 weeks in the Maldives to be happy! We cant just have a PC at home, but a PC, Laptop, PS2 and PSP for the kids also! Its a sea-change in the level of materialism in our society.

Look at crime for example- there is no REAL poverty in the UK. The "Deprivation Index" that is so oft refered to as a correlation (and therefore cause) of crime is really an index of those whose mobile phones can only take pictures rather than movies, who only have a plain old MP3 player rather than an iPod nano, who can only afford a holiday in Majorca rather than Barbados or Mauritius.

We really are so much better of than 50 years ago. The reason we arent so much happier is because we are so much

Yes I too feel realy greedy, spending 1800 per annum on council tax, 5.50p on tax when I buy me Cigs, but I suppose its one of those things. I live in the modern world and love having the above mentioned luxurys.

HOLA447

that converts from binary to decimal as 440.

440 hz is the frequency of the musical note to which orchestras tune: A

Are you trying to tell us that you are an A-hole? :lol:

Alternatively, is this meant to be the UK personal debt of around 1.1 trillion? If so, you left off 4 zeros.