House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iknowsnorthwestbest

Lytham St. Annes

Anyone got any interesting comments about house prices in Lytham St. Annes?

Prices are crazy - don't understand what's supporting it.

A few years ago you used to be able to by a 4 bed terraced on a popular street for about £140K.

I've just seen one up for £355k - I'm sure it was up for £180k last year!!!

Of course it is fully refurbished so that makes up for £175k price hike!!!

A few years ago you used to be able to by a 4 bed terraced on a popular street for about £140K.

Yeah i live near there in Poulton-Le-Fylde, and i have to say i dont even look at the prices for around St.Annes. Seems that because the area is considered "posh" they can jack the prices up massively.There does seem to be lots of flats to let around there though, maybe iyts where all the BTL went? On a side note, i have noticed that Propert in Poulton is coming down a bit. It used to be almost as bad as St Annes for Semi's but theres more and more coming on now for around £140k. One down my street has just been redued to £126k so im keeping an eye on that! hopefully St Annes will follow suit.

I have never seen as many for sale as a recent trip down there from here in Blackpool, which is still in major buble trouble, my road average 3 to 5 years ago 35 to 38K now 90K for a terraced house!

I have never seen as many for sale as a recent trip down there from here in Blackpool, which is still in major buble trouble, my road average 3 to 5 years ago 35 to 38K now 90K for a terraced house!

I used to live Blackpool south shore and struggled to sell a 2 bed terraced back in the late 90's. In the end I got less than I paid for it - only £37K. Just out of interest thought I'd have a look at current prices in the same road. I've just seen the same type of house in the same road up for 100K!!! (less £50) - 270% price increase. What mad/sad person is gonna buy a 2 bed terraced in South Shore for that sort of money. I reckon it's just the estate agents trying it on again - god help the person who buys it. You used to be able to get a 4 bed detached for 90K!!!

Guest muttley

Are they selling though?

I notice that there are still plenty of empty properties on Cypress Point (We used to rent there).

I would nominate the whole of the Fylde as the worst bubble in the UK.

I have always loved the SW, particularly around Exeter. 18 years ago the area seemed very expensive compared to the Fylde. Today it is cheaper.

Yep, prices are still going up becasue they are still selling- anything around £100k which isnt in a REALLY bad area gets snapped up by the Sheeple, they just dont realise that 5 years ago it would have been about 1/3rd of the price. My family and my Fiances family keep trying to pressure us into buying something. I then point out just how much a standard mortgage would be and then they realise why we arent buying. Fylde area is one of the worst areas for the Sheeple mentality.

As an aside, check out the prices for places for sale on Grange Park on Rightmove- This is the worst place to live in about a 10 mile radius,total Chav Land and some of these are out of my grasp! unbelievable! :angry:

Yep, prices are still going up becasue they are still selling- anything around £100k which isnt in a REALLY bad area gets snapped up by the Sheeple, they just dont realise that 5 years ago it would have been about 1/3rd of the price. My family and my Fiances family keep trying to pressure us into buying something. I then point out just how much a standard mortgage would be and then they realise why we arent buying. Fylde area is one of the worst areas for the Sheeple mentality.

As an aside, check out the prices for places for sale on Grange Park on Rightmove- This is the worst place to live in about a 10 mile radius,total Chav Land and some of these are out of my grasp! unbelievable! :angry:

See what you mean £55K for a one bed flat on Grange park, what a joke. I wouldn't pay 55 pence to live there!!!! Who are the mad people paying these prices???

Like I said before - late 90's you could get a four bed detached for around £90K in a really nice area. Alot of people are going to get burnt fingers and loose alot of money if they buy these sort of properties now.

I was right, what a bargain - was £170K (www.nethouseprices.com - 03-Aug-2005) now £355K, hold me back I must buy it!!! Only double in 8 months this has got to be worth buying ......... oh I forgot it's refurbished...... Yeh but remember it is detached (NOT) and of course it has a drive with double garage (NOT) oh at least a drive with single garage (NOT) yeh but it is an end of terraced with loads of parking... maybe NOT.

NO parking NO land NO space - good luck to all who have NO sense !!!!!!!!

Current price

52 Westby Street

Lytham

Price: £ 355,000

AN IMMACULATE FULLY REFURBISHED END TERRACED FAMILY HOME IN THIS CENTRAL LYTHAM LOCATION CLOCS TO THE GREEN AND TOWN CENTRE.

Not New Build 03-Aug-2005

52 Westby Street,

Lytham St Annes,

Lancashire,

FY8 5JG £170,000

Terraced

Freehold

Map (FY8 5JG)