Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Dow Plunges Almost 120 Points -- Ftse Off 41

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060511/wall_street.html?.v=9

Dow Plunges Almost 120 Points

Thursday May 11, 12:25 pm ET
By Christopher Wang, AP Business Writer
Stocks Tumble As Inflation Worries Persist; Dow Plunges Almost 120 Points

Looks like Mervyn King and Big Al were right to warn about the economy and bloated assets in the face or rising IR?

FTSE was off by 41 and it would have been more but the clock stopped trading. Melt down tomorrow possibly? The fall in the dollar is very bad for trade when you sell to the US.

Looks like Mervyn King and Big Al were right to warn about the economy and bloated assets in the face or rising IR?

FTSE was off by 41 and it would have been more but the clock stopped trading. Melt down tomorrow possibly? The fall in the dollar is very bad for trade when you sell to the US.

This could be the start of the big one. The dollar falling even though US rates are rising the way they are and gold is going ballistic.

Wonder if people are pulling money out of the stock markets to buy gold and other commodities?

Wonder if people are pulling money out of the stock markets to buy gold and other commodities?

I`ve been twitchy regarding the market fer a while now.Took a large chunk out at around 6000 points.Think I may have{for once}got it about right!

Gold rose pretty strongly this afternoon. Linked?

You know what is really striking about that report. The markets managed to take a very bearish view on a reasonably mixed (balanced) bag of data. May be the markets have started to take the view that the party cannot last forever!

Now 142.

While I don't understand all the ins and outs I could watch Bloomberg for hours when it's getting interesting like this. Very theraputic.

Shorts feel a lot better today, but not getting carried away yet. 1.2% is nothing. Remember back in January the Dow lost 200pts in a session down to 10,660.. and then rallied for the next 5 months to where we are now.

Interestingly, the Dow has been outperforming the other indices for a few weeks now. The Nasdaq 100 is down over 2% today, for instance.

Property on the edge of a chasm, shares on the slide, the pound ripe for devaluation, gold in the stratosphere.

Where should we put money today?

I am waiting for a quote from Dr Bubb on this topic.

Are you out there???????

The dow down 150 doesn't constitute a stock market crash. Don't forget what happened to house prices last time the stock market really did crash.

Edited by simon99

While I don't understand all the ins and outs I could watch Bloomberg for hours when it's getting interesting like this. Very theraputic.

fantastic channel!!!!!....I frequently watch in the mornings and evenings.proper stories on there,better than the padded-out flannel on the beeb!