House Price Crash Forum

Gold For A Freaked Out Beginner - Where From?

oktup

HOLA441

Hi all

Been doing 'background reading' and the like for months but never got round to doing anything (d'oh). Now the writing looks pretty much on the wall so I want in, fast... but have no experience of anything beyond having a bank account.

At the moment all my savings are in £s in a High St bank account - what's the quickest, easiest and safest way to move some of this into gold/silver? I'd like at least some of it in an allocated physical account (ie not just 'paper gold') - again, any recommendations?

For obvious reasons, I'd be eternally grateful for any advice!

thanks

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Best thing would be a mixture of Krugerrands from the likes of Biard & Co and a goldmoney account. I’m doing 50-50.

If you purchase small amounts on a weekly or monthly basis, you lessen the chances of losing out in the event of a protracted slump. You may be able to time your purchases as well during the dips by looking at charts on kitco.com for example.

From putting money into an stocks ISA, I have found that the drip feeding approach works quite well, as even if a significant drop occurs, it means you can get out without losing your shirt.

Finally, there’s some good analysis on www.financialsense.com and I’d recommend reading "The Dollar Crisis: Causes, Consequences, Cures" by Richard Duncan, as this explains very clearly why the global economy is in the mess that it is now.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Thanks for the info guys. Just hope I can get to buy some in time!

cheers

yes would recommend Baird +co,thoroughly decent company and reasonable prices,you can order over the phone for physical but they won't take switch,cheques are ok....or if you have enough booty(5k+) set up an allocated account.

you are actually quite lucky....the exchange rate is fairly good at the moment and I would expect sterling to drop a bit fairly soon......the rate rises are priced in,so fill yer boots!!!!