House Price Crash Forum

Poll: Is Gold Overvalued And Due For A Correction ?

AvidFan

HOLA441

I wonder what our collective thoughts are on this.

It's rising rapidly - either the world's currencies are collapsing or there's an awful lot of over-enthusiastic investors inflating its price...

Take part in the poll and let's see if our collective decision is buy or hold.

AF.

HOLA442

How about some other reasons too like gold being much easier to buy these days and people in previously poorer countries like China having much more money to buy it.

Peak Gold. It will start to run out eventually wont it ?

Last time gold exploded like this, you or I couldnt just log on and buy gold grams or ETF shares could we. This will cause massive additional demand.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Bart of Darkness

How about a don't know option or a yes but no but yes option

I'd like a confused/hapless shrug with a "who knows" facial expresson option.

Maybe a bit beyond the abilities of bog standard HTML.

HOLA446

simple answer:

short term-overbought.....people worried about inflation,speculators(like some of us!!! have got on the bandwagon and the weak ones need flushing out)

long term-undervalued...people underestimate how much pent-up inflation there is in the system!!!!

HOLA447

simple answer:

short term-overbought.....people worried about inflation,speculators(like some of us!!! have got on the bandwagon and the weak ones need flushing out)

long term-undervalued...people underestimate how much pent-up inflation there is in the system!!!!

Tend to agree. Hope we get a good entry this Summer - I'd be happy with the range 600-650. I think this is the wobble before the big drop... I personally think Cgnao will have his day... but not now. We've all been forwarned about the powerful forces driving the price... if we're lucky enough to get an entry point... I for one am going to take it this time. 20-20 hindsight is one thing... learning from your mistakes and evolving rapidly is another!

HOLA448

Is AvidFan the guy who wanted in but thought a correction was coming, then could not bring himself to buy at $670 and still doesn't get it? Is he waiting for the Financial Times to dedicate the whole first page to gold? Then he may be convinced. Sadly for him that will be the time to sell.

Protect yourselves.

HOLA449

Is AvidFan the guy who wanted in but thought a correction was coming, then could not bring himself to buy at $670 and still doesn't get it? Is he waiting for the Financial Times to dedicate the whole first page to gold? Then he may be convinced. Sadly for him that will be the time to sell.

Protect yourselves.

I'm with AvidFan on this - if you've got your life savings into this, then a bit of caution is a good thing.

I've read your posts cgnao and concur with a previous poster on another thread who intimated you're a lunatic to be 100%all in. :blink: The question is whether you're an intelligent lunatic, or just a normal run of the mill one. But I'll say this for you; you've got balls. :unsure:

But, will we hear you if gold drops back below $450 an ounce? Somehow I don't think so.

Because you'll be spending all your time crying into your gold if that happens.

Look, it just comes down to peoples' view of risk/reward. For reference purposes I'm 50% in gold/silver and associated shares and 50% in cash.

I'm with most people here and believe that both gold and silver are chronically undervalued and have to correct in time - the real money though will be in silver! Especially if a crisis point is reached with FIAT money and the general public catches on to the other options. :) Then both will, well, I won't have to work again, lets' put it that way. B)

HOLA4410

Protect yourselves.

People only ever talk percentages on here... they never say how much they have actually put in.

Someone could say “oh – I’ve put in 100% of my savings” but if that person has a high paying job, has high outgoings and has only saved for a couple of years, they’re not risking much are they? I did try and start a thread to see if people would be more honest about amounts – perhaps rather than percentages of savings, a multiple of net earnings per year would be a better indicator of people’s convictions and beliefs.

I've done some gold buying - physical, not allocated. I've walked from coin dealers back to my car with pockets loaded with the stuff ... September 05 and April 06. But the thought of committing the whole lot, at the time I first thought about buying (Summer 05 after the first round of recommendations dating back to 04 and me thoroughly researching wealth storage in gold) was too much to get my head around. That would have been a LOT of physical. Storage would have been a major problem. But as you have seen, even GM restricts trading and I trust no-one, so physical, as far as I am concerned, is the only way to go. I even now have a storage solution – currently my costs are 0.5% per annum which I think is pretty good – fully insured by Lloyds. So there you are Cgnao – I’ve “done you proud” you might say.

The shift in concept required for gold wealth storage is large. I’m not some lowbrow that thinks I’ll be looked after by my country – quite the opposite – and if you knew me, you’d really appreciate that comment! In fact, I’m probably too open minded to be easily convinced by anyone of either fiat or gold. But nor am I a gambling man or risk taker – and I still see the un-chartered territory of gold wealth storage as a speculative risk – although of course, you would say EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. We all know that.

I respect all of the viewpoints expressed on this website, yours included. I just need to keep making sense of it all. I’ve watched all the alternative media links posted here, I’ve listened to the many WM and MP3 streaming audio radio interviews and I’ve watched all the stats day by day since I found this site in 2004. I guess it’s down to an individual as to whether they decide to jump tracks or not. And it’s down to the individual to live with their decision.

In the mean time Cgnao, I’m just testing your metal. Pun intended.

AF.

HOLA4411

Enough is enough.

I have spent significant time and effort to warn the public of the impending catastrophe. The few who listened to my advice are already benefiting from the protection only gold provides in dangerous and uncertain times.

But I am growing increasingly tired of seeing the majority not getting my message and even being considered a lunatic.

Therefore I will stop posting my comments, analysis and recommendations publicly.

If you are still interested, send a message to protectyourselves (at) googlemail (dot) com explaining in your own words who you are, why you are interested in what I have to say and how much gold you are prepared to pay for it.

Roger, Out.

HOLA4412

Enough is enough.

I have spent significant time and effort to warn the public of the impending catastrophe. The few who listened to my advice are already benefiting from the protection only gold provides in dangerous and uncertain times.

But I am growing increasingly tired of seeing the majority not getting my message and even being considered a lunatic.

Therefore I will stop posting my comments, analysis and recommendations publicly.

If you are still interested, send a message to protectyourselves (at) googlemail (dot) com explaining in your own words who you are, why you are interested in what I have to say and how much gold you are prepared to pay for it.

Roger, Out.

Stick around and keep on posting about it i say, there are a lot of people who read your posts and take on board what you are saying, there are a few people who dissagree, dont argue with them , dont try and change there minds but do carry on posting for the majority of us :)

HOLA4413

Enough is enough.

Roger, Out.

Didn't mean to cause frustration on your part or question either your credibility or forsight. I openly admit I'm more "sheeple" than "individual"...

I suggest you do keep on posting - your market analysis and conviction ARE greatly appreciated on this forum - people with strong beliefs always add to their surrounds and make life interesting. You have to be around for the crash of course... I'm expecting a post with nothing but smilies in it anytime soon...

AF

HOLA4414

Enough is enough.

Roger, Out.

cgnao, we need good discussion on gold here and your contribution is much appreciated.

HOLA4415

Enough is enough.

Roger, Out.

cgnao - none of us want a catastrophe, I do see the impending danger, but you have to balance the fact that people on this forum are very individualistic and are generally in the minority, because we tend to not just accept something that's told to us, but then ask the question, why? The majority accept what their told and just get on with life. :rolleyes:

Surely the fact that people here have taken your advice, myself included and invested in gold is a good thing, but, much like house prices, opinion and sentiment is like a great big tanker that will take months, maybe years before it turns round and only then will people see the re-distribuition of wealth that's started to happen. :angry:

A disaster might not happen next week, maybe not next year, but that doesn't mean to say that it will never happen either. So, you're right - protect yourselves, but get on with life as well - if you spend all day hunched over a PC waiting for the perfect storm, then that's a sad waste - things will unfold in their own good time.

GT.

HOLA4416

cgnao

Don't go, please.

We should have taken your advice, and Dr Bubb's advice, last November but we dillied and dallied and didn't get going till Jan - still it has been very good to us since - we are heavily into gold. Need your input to assimilate action in the summer. Unless, of course, your threatened departure is a signal to get out.....

Regards

KT

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Just had a listen to the Jim Puplava show.Jim was saying the next correction in Gold will be the last opportunity to buy in at low prices before it skyrockets over 1000.I have a feeling Jim could be right here.

I will be looking for the next correction and then I will buy in with what remaining fiat paper I have.

Good Luck to everyone in the coming financial tsunami.

Edited by shedders

HOLA4419

Get a grip cgnao. Just because one poster says something doesn't mean that they speak for everyone here.

I recall Dr Bubb going off in a huff at one stage.

HOLA4420

I'm with AvidFan on this - if you've got your life savings into this, then a bit of caution is a good thing.

I've read your posts cgnao and concur with a previous poster on another thread who intimated you're a lunatic to be 100%all in. :blink:

Cgnao bought at silly prices (>$250) so it would have to fall a lot for him to make actual losses, though notional gains could be easily wiped out.

Just had a listen to the Jim Puplava show.Jim was saying the next correction in Gold will be the last opportunity to buy in at low prices before it skyrockets over 1000.I have a feeling Jim could be right here.

I will be looking for the next correction and then I will buy in with what remaining fiat paper I have.

Woo... you're right, time to leap out of the plane! We need to remember that staying in sterling even at 5% IR is a huge risk in and of itself.

megaflop: I miss your coloured teddy, he would brighten up the day... despite appearing somewhat gay.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4421

Enough is enough.

Roger, Out.

You should not imagine people will be persuaded by mere facts. The sheeple really are sheep; they gape blankly from the flock and haven't a thought in their heads outside of their little lives. I am involved in campaigning in a different area, where I observe the masses unwittingly putting their interests at risk, despite abundant factual evidence that they are being foolish. They won't listen. The sheeple are disciplined only by the fall - the long, long fall after they've dashed off the cliff. That's what makes them dumber than yeast.

But look on the bright side. You got ahead of the crowd and you personally will benefit from it. I made up my mind about gold towards the end of last summer, when I learned of the imminence of Peak Oil and considered what effect it would have on vast economies indebted up to the hilt..... this is not going to be pretty.

Please keep posting. Your example encourages the ditherers of the world like myself.

And bear in mind that the price of gold must be driven up by something... plenty of people must be thinking your way, whilst the VIs keep the truth out of the papers. I am OK with that. Although the price of gold is going up a lot faster than I would like it certainly is not a speculative bubble yet.

Roll on a grand an ounce! Sterling, that is..........

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Enough is enough.

Calm yourself, gold would have to fall a long way before you count any losses, not even you rushed out and bought your stock at $730. Can you see why people may doubt the virtues of rushing out and dumping their entire savings account into $730 gold... you're alright, you've already seen 100% run ups.

HOLA4424

I'm with Avidfan.

I think short term gold has been ramped up a bit - I don't see inflation has been 100% over the last year and I think there is a large speculative momentum behind gold at the moment. However, I'm not going to sell my gold at the moment and think I've made a profit as that would defeat most of the object I began investing for

HOLA4425

I'm with Avidfan.

I think short term gold has been ramped up a bit - I don't see inflation has been 100% over the last year and I think there is a large speculative momentum behind gold at the moment. However, I'm not going to sell my gold at the moment and think I've made a profit as that would defeat most of the object I began investing for

The 28 day leap from $595 > $730 needs some rational consideration, as with the housing market, timing is critical.