House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sam

Stop Polluting My Ears With Property Talk

I just wanted to get this off my chest :angry: and i am 100% certain everyone of you on this board will have been in the same postion at some point over the last few years.

I was at a BBQ the other night where some friends i have not seen in ages turned up, most of them i was so happy to see, and a few i was'nt. With the few that i was not happy to see was because i knew at some point the subject many of us are bored to death of hearing about was going to be brought up, GUESS ;)

It was a good night, i am lucky that over the years i have met a good circle of friends(they have some depth).

One of them was working for Scope part time(withpout pay), one had done the London Marathon recently, one had traveeled all over the place Scuba Diving(my great love), it was just great convesation from some really interesting people.

Then there was the Git that nobody ever really liked who was there, but in this case his sister was a good egg, hence the reason for his invite to most of the get togethers.

He never really did anything with his life, the only thing that ever seemed to give him a buzz, was money.

So before long, and with me being so astute in the subject of twats that bring property into ever conversation, i watched hime get property into the conversation, hovering around us, nothing to say, itching to bore us to death about property, zzzzzzzzz.

Apart from the house that he owns he also has one he was renting out, i could just imagine him looking at his spreadsheet night after night, like a little scrooge, he is that type.

The one thing i really want to get off my chest is hearing this endless Pollution that i have to listen to all the time, people that have contributed nothing to society who somehow think that they are somebody because their property has gone up in value.

How many times a week does this happen, yes we can just ignore it, just we can ignore smokers, but my ears are still listening to this shallow boring crap nearly all the time.

I have one mate who is a bit of a snide, but mostly ok who while we was both getting a glimpse at BBC news 24 picked up on a property has gone up 2% story, i could see his eyes light up and he just had to say something to me, he is not certain of my thoughts on property but being a sneaky git has a good idea..

PLEASE STOP POLLUTING MY EARS WITH PROPERTY TALK.

Sam

I sympathise with you 1000%! They're like the 'loadsamoney' of the late 1980s - some people seem to mix new property wealth with a sense of desert and status.

My hope is that, as such talk becomes passe and unfashionable - as soon it must - it will precipitate the crash.

When it all goes pear shaped, you'll find the silence deafening.

Actually it won't. When/if there is a crash, and those of us on here who have been dilligently saving and not following the sheep, will be shouting from the rooftops about how we foresaw everything and "aren't we great for not following the crowd". Maybe not in a loud brash way, but even if just casually mentioned, can you imagine how much villification you would receive if you seemed to be rejoicing while all others around you were losing their paper money? Sure, you can say it's there fault, but in their eyes you will be no better than the BTL *****ers who we villify on this board day in day out.

Just some food for thought.

... either that, or everybody will feel sorry for people in negative equity. Justified sympathy, perhaps, for the last FTBs cajoled onto the runaway train before it drives of the cliff; not justified at all for the greedy BTL merchants!

Sam! The real issue is how you managed to get the word t.w.a.t. past the sensors :D Nice work fella ;) The property subject...even worse amongst relatives, you know as a subject its done, I liken it to hearing folk in my sister in law`s City of London pub discussing what domain addreses they had just bought in 2000 when dot com incubators were starting to go tits up :o Chin up...it`ll change....eventually :(

SAm and others,

When it goes tits up - YOU GO ON, AND ON, AND ON, AND ON, AND ON, AND ON........ about it yourself.

But this time LAUGH in their faces. Throw in the odd SUCCKKKERRR!!!!

Go the bank and withdraw 2K in cash. Then waft in their FACE. REAL MONEY - not PAPER MONEY!!!

Offer them 60% Market value for the house they cannot sell. RUB THEIR NOSES IN IT!!!!

They have been doing it to us for years. IF and when this HAPPENS there is NO HOLDING ME BACK!!!

TB

Sam! The real issue is how you managed to get the word t.w.a.t. past the sensors :D Nice work fella ;) The property subject...even worse amongst relatives, you know as a subject its done, I liken it to hearing folk in my sister in law`s City of London pub discussing what domain addreses they had just bought in 2000 when dot com incubators were starting to go tits up :o Chin up...it`ll change....eventually :(

tw@t is a real word... If you look it up in the dictionary its apparently this thing called Gordon Brown ;)

TB

Edited by teddyboy