House Price Crash Forum
uro_who

Moaning At The Beeb

I never cease to be amazed at the Beebs reporting on matters related to housing. Just felt moved to send them the below. I'll post the reply when I get it.

I have just read your web article on 'Bank hints on interest rate rises'.

I wondered if it had been written by a combination of Gordon Brown and the Nationwide building society. The BoE comments have been widely interpreted as a rate rise in August in time with the next quaterly report and yet you scrape the barrel of Bears Stearn International as they have a suitable 'don't scare the horses' qoute.

You are basically encouraging people to take out larger mortgages than they will be able to afford in what is a rising interest rate world. You completely failed in the story to report King's comments on personal debt and bankrupty and do all you can to encourage it.

Do you really wish to be this culpable?

I suggest that this story reflects the size of the mortgage and sophistry of it's author.

I have emailed the Beeb 3 or 4 times with similar complaints. If just 100 HPCers did this once a week they might get the message that the quality of their journalism and excessive bias is not going unnoticed. :ph34r:

Headline in the Telegraph: BBC Bias, thousands complain, Inquiry to begin :)

I have emailed the Beeb 3 or 4 times with similar complaints. If just 100 HPCers did this once a week they might get the message that the quality of their journalism and excessive bias is not going unnoticed. :ph34r:

Headline in the Telegraph: BBC Bias, thousands complain, Inquiry to begin :)

You should send complaints like this to BBC's newswatch, that way they've a chance of getting aired.

You should send complaints like this to BBC's newswatch, that way they've a chance of getting aired.

Suggest you e-mail the BBC board of governers with your concerns rather than the news editor.

I never cease to be amazed at the Beebs reporting on matters related to housing.

Or any other matters close to NuLabs heart - they put Pravda to shame

Interesting blog: Biased BBC