House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
music man

Norfolk's Not Selling

Today I was in Swaffham (where the pied piper started his treck for those who didn't know) and did my usual info gathering excersises on the market.

Yes this site is great for back-up material but it's important for me to know what's going on locally.

Whilst working / chatting away a chap mentioned I could buy his house for £120K to which I didn't answer however I mentioned this site and the desperation of the FTB being priced out of the market. He said nothing was selling.

And then on a mission went in to the local EA and amused myself. Firstly the Halifax is closing here and they are the money givers and will do so if the market is good, they would not be closing unless there was no profit to make. So this was a good indicator of times ahead and when I spoke to the 2 young EA's after quickly realising I as many a FTB are priced out and said something has to give and it will not be wages.

And when I said that by the looks of the amount of sold signs (or lack of) it will be house prices. The young lad, cute in his innocence said yes but I've been working so hard as lots of people are looking to sell and doing many visits for clients - Bingo I thought - but he doesn't realise the implications.

I said I was a Recruitment to Recruitment Consultant during the last .com boom and it was great when there was balance but coming to the end of the boom I had so many candidates it was unbelievable but no jobs to put them in. Loads of candidates and no clients.

I then left the industry, as there was no work for me.

Today we have loads of buyers and no affordable houses for sale. Bingo - House - I shouted.

So put a smile on your faces HPC'ers and whether the storm.

The worm has turned and the oil tanker is pushing the little darling.

:lol::D:lol: