House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Culpability Brown

The Last Of The Lemmings Have Reached

At last. Thank God for that, I hear you cry.

Boom & Bust cycles are painfully protracted and require an immense amount of discipline and patience to sit out.

This is especially true in regards to property price cycles as most of us are programmed to want our own special pad.

The UK excels at property boom & bust.

Rates can be held back no longer - the US are leading the way displaying a fine example of headless depression aversion policy.

It's not been interesting, it's been dull and tedious but at last the end game approaches.

I haven't posted for ages through disinterest, but be assured the final mad dash blip up is just about over and it really is a steep curve downwards from here.

Finally, finally, finally.......

Lets hope you're right. I str'd 2003 - last week an old rundown house came on the market. I've had my eye on that house for years, waiting to pounce. But at £250K, and requiring £100K to do it up - it's just a bloomin' joke. Boy! I've been tempted - but with rates on the way up, I'm holding out for the big drops now.

It breaks my heart though - I had dreams about that house :(

I absolutely have to agree sentiment has changed direction. I do believe the message about debt and cheap credit has really starting to sink in.

I must admit the giddy feel good factor has swept in more people in than I could ever have imagined.

We could possibly be seeing the noticeable beginning of a new economic cycle.

Keep saving and do not loose focus, watch how ugly this will get for some.

For those who think this Government will bail them out of debt, your dreaming.

Mr Joe.

For those who think this Government will bail them out of debt, your dreaming.

Mr Joe.

Yea,but no,but they told me the government wouldn`t let it happen. :blink:

Lemmings, what do you mean?

I read in the news this week that house prices are booming. I'd better get on the ladder now or it'll be too late. I earn almost 50K so if I don't mind having no spending money for the next 30 years I should just be able to stretch to an ex-council 1 bedder on an estate in Hackney.

Noticed some crazy rumours on here about interest rates going up, everyone knows that'll never happen cos the economy is so strong thanks to Gordon's "prudence", and anyway, the government wouldn't let it happen, and if the worst came to the worst you can just declare yourself bankrupt and carry on, its different these days, paradigm shift, sea-change, that sort of thing.

After reading all the hype and convincing myself that house prices were on the up again, I bit the bullet and put an offer in on a house 2 weeks ago. Something just didn't feel right about the entire situation. I didn't feel particularly secure in my job and I was stretching myself to the limits. I ended up withdrawing after a long think about things.

Two weeks later and I find myself being made redundant and interest rates seem to be heading in an upwards direction. I am now feeling quite relieved that I didn't go through with the purchase. Things definately seem to be turning around. It's going to take a few more hikes in interest rates but I'm positive we have reached a turning point.

:D

Of course this could just be personal circumstances dictating my mood, I haven't ruled it out. Only time will tell.

:ph34r:

Edited by devslim

Guest muttley

After reading all the hype and convincing myself that house prices were on the up again, I bit the bullet and put an offer in on a house 2 weeks ago. Something just didn't feel right about the entire situation. I didn't feel particularly secure in my job and I was stretching myself to the limits. I ended up withdrawing after a long think about things.

Two weeks later and I find myself being made redundant and interest rates seem to be heading in an upwards direction. I am now feeling quite relieved that I didn't go through with the purchase. Things definately seem to be turning around. It's going to take a few more hikes in interest rates but I'm positive we have reached a turning point.

:D

Of course this could just be personal circumstances dictating my mood, I haven't ruled it out. Only time will tell.

:ph34r:

Sorry to hear about your job, devslim. I hope you soon get back on your feet. Thank goodness you listened to your gut feeling on the house purchase.

Sorry to hear about your job, devslim. I hope you soon get back on your feet. Thank goodness you listened to your gut feeling on the house purchase.

Thankyou.

I'm off to find the thread on recession proof jobs so I can go about getting retrained!

:)