House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George

Redrow's Property Management Charges

redrowfags8yd.jpg

2ft high nettles and dot-leafs scatter the gardens.

They also don't clean windows. So basically £70 a month lines someones pocket. Shit company. Build quality is bad also; the interior has a huge crack down the side of the door.

lolredrow5wk.jpg

sexy crack in door frame - buildings crumbling run :lol:

Edited by George

Not wanting to add insult to injury here but I totally agree. I think you are mad to pay shitloads for an overpriced, poorly built house and then pay another £70 a month for the pleasure. That £70 a month would have been better spent buying a PROPER house :(

Soz, but I agree - new builds are shyte!

TB

Edited by teddyboy

another friend of mine who was prepared to spend £465k on a 2 bed flat in London found out the management charges wre £2000 a year! and when the survey came round there was loads of damp around the windows, etc. Bonkers to pay that much management fees to find out they won't sort out basic problems.

When i was looking at flats 2 years ago, prices ranged from £20 to £70 a month.

They also don't clean windows. So basically £70 a month lines someones pocket. Shit company. Build quality is bad also; the interior has a huge crack down the side of the door.

sexy crack in door frame - buildings crumbling run :lol:

Just needs a bit of coving down the frame , whats the problem lol.

Seriously though , having worked in a few of their projects , some of the design detail is a joke to be honest. Which I usually have to get over , well try at least.

D :)

We live in a converted Edwardian house with 5 flats. We know our LL pays over a £1000 per year for maintenance.

..what maintenance?

The only thing that gets done is the grass cutting. The windows don't get cleaned. The car park is breaking up. The main door needs attention and the inside hallway is in need of attention.

Ah its probably a trendy wildlife garden.

All those rare butterflies whose catterpillars eat nettles have to be provided for...

:P