House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FedupTeddiBear

Depressing News?!

What does this mean for all of us?

"The number of homes sold increased 37% and prices rose by 5%."

Will those people who went ahead and bought a year ago despite our warnings be laughing at us soon?

From what I see around my area (near Reading) houses, especially the small ones, are selling like crazy - at ridiculous prices! Very few 2-bed houses under 200K now where the average was 185K 2 years ago..

Please give me some reason not to worry! :(

We STR in London a year ago - friends are selling now in same area and with higher profits than we've earned in savings.

So, it didn't happen, prices have gone up and there's still drive to the market.

Ugly when you have to accept something as a truth even when you don't like it.

Next year might be different, might not. I take little glee from thinking of my friends buying now on IO losing all their money and even less at the thought of myself again regretting inaction a year from now.

What's clear is that savers are getting screwed over. Rates are a scam.

Always in the kitchen at parties...

But don't worry...remember, if you're breathing you're winning.

All depends where you are. The ODPM reports that my area is down a nice 8.2% (Stratford--Detached Homes). When I STM I invested some of the proceeds in the stock market--made 16% last year and this year is scary--20% year to date on most of my investments! I am renting a 300k house for 750 a month and watch my target 300k purchase drop by 8% (24k or 2k a month) and am feeling somewhat groovy.

And, the crash is only just beginning. With higher interest rates and dropping employment things can only get better. I hope some other bears are enjoying ther HPC as I am. :)

All depends where you are. The ODPM reports that my area is down a nice 8.2% (Stratford--Detached Homes). When I STM I invested some of the proceeds in the stock market--made 16% last year and this year is scary--20% year to date on most of my investments! I am renting a 300k house for 750 a month and watch my target 300k purchase drop by 8% (24k or 2k a month) and am feeling somewhat groovy.

And, the crash is only just beginning. With higher interest rates and dropping employment things can only get better. I hope some other bears are enjoying ther HPC as I am. :)

STM?? Sell to mum?