House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Location, Location, Location

Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer are in Norwich to help faint-hearted first-time buyers Helen and Paul. Is it bad luck or poor judgement that is keeping the young couple out of the property market

Nothing to do with obscene house prices keeping them out the property market. :rolleyes:

If I ever met Krusty Allcrap I would call her a FAT SLAG!

Got nothing to do with this thread - Just had to air my feelings ;)

TB

£165k in Norwich and they want a period 3 bed cottage.

But only two of them...

Oh god she's a bit of a pink lady.. ;-)

Might leave this on - haven't watched it for ages...

They're on! :angry:

just turned over to the hits channel 18. Pet Shop Boys.

Oh the good old days.

just turned over to the hits channel 18. Pet Shop Boys.

Oh the good old days.

It's a Sin

Quite agree

Yes it certainily is, all this pushing and proping up prices at all cost. Cost to most of the mid thirty somethings and younger.

Guest Guy_Montag

Oh it's magnolia with laminate flooring, I love it, I simply must pay £160k for it. Simpering idiot!

Guest Cletus VanDamme

£160K for a 2bed house in central Norwich, with garden and home office (OK it's a glorified shed)? You wouldn't get a 1-bed flat in Greater London for that. Seems good value to me.

£160K for a 2bed house in central Norwich, with garden and home office (OK it's a glorified shed)? You wouldn't get a 1-bed flat in Greater London for that. Seems good value to me.

But who'd want the home office after Clarke's deportation fiasco?

Guest Guy_Montag

Mind you, it's only a 40 year lease before the sea reclaims it. :)

Oh that ignoramus Kirsty women. In one part of the programme, the bit I tolerated. The word survey came up and there was a shot of three of them looking at a row of roof tops. The house next door to the one they were interested in had windows i the roof.

She said.(Or something Like) “Look there’s a loft conversion there so planning permission is no problem.” How can she assume that? The loft next door may have been illegal, or for special needs only.

I think their Location Location, Location should get in the Real World, Real World

Real World

Oh that ignoramus Kirsty women. In one part of the programme, the bit I tolerated. The word survey came up and there was a shot of three of them looking at a row of roof tops. The house next door to the one they were interested in had windows i the roof.

She said.(Or something Like) “Look there’s a loft conversion there so planning permission is no problem.” How can she assume that? The loft next door may have been illegal, or for special needs only.

I think their Location Location, Location should get in the Real World, Real World

Real World

Perhaps Krusty ArsLump assumed they could get planning permission as she has special needs herself. Particularly 'location difficulties' in selling her flat, hence renting it & shamelessly plugging it on the the rubbish 'where to investment' toss prog. OH how channel 4 has lost it these days with their content.

Thankfully I managed to turn off the tv when i saw this was on. I spent a more constructive evening eating my own flesh as a preferable type of masochism. :)

Does she do book signings?

Open DIY superstores?

Available for personal appearences here:

http://www.pwagroup.com/celebs/celebs.asp?...nters&celeb=276

(Not that I'm encouraging you in any way TB).

I think that website needs to, at least, update its John Leslie entry:

John Leslie has over ten years of presenting experience. He can currently be seen every weekday on ITV fronting This Morning. During May, June and July, John was the anchor presenter on ITV’s much-awaited Survivor. The series culminated in a two-hour live finale that drew over 7.5million viewers. John has also presented the long running game show Wheel of Fortune. Other television credits include the popular make-over show Style Challenge on BBC, the lively football show Tartan Extra for Sky and Was It Good For You? - a travel show for Channel 5. John also hosted a new one off special for ITV entitled Give Your Mate a Break and presented the Hogmanay celebrations in Scotland on New Years Eve.

He has presented the Royal Tournament, Crinkley Bottom Olympics for Noel Edmonds House Party, The Bafta Awards and Children In Need for the BBC, as well as narrating a variety of concerts for various orchestras such as The Halle, London Philharmonic and Bournemouth Sinfonietta. Prior to co-presenting This Morning John was their entertainment correspondent on new film and theatre productions from the US and UK, interviewing such stars as Steven Spielberg, Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Mia Farrow, Willem Dafoe, David Hasslehoff, Cliff Richard, The Bee Gees and many more. This gave John the opportunity to direct and edit his own films.

John worked with the BBC on Good Morning with Anne and Nick as their entertainment and sports correspondent, covering the annual rally car races for BBC's Top Gear Special. He also hosted Mainly Men (an Esquire style format) for HTV in the summer of 1996. During 1993 John co-presented Entertainment Express with Selina Scott for the BBC. The series was a lively and critical look at entertainment on both sides of the Atlantic.

In November 1987 John began working with the satellite station Super Channel. John presented a programme called Formula One, a music show that included rock charts, request spots and interviews with artists from the music world. Then in April 1989, he left and joined BBC Children's most successful television show - Blue Peter. His filming schedule took him all over the world including Zimbabwe, the West Indies, Japan, The Falklands.

John's hobbies include sport, particularly tennis, squash and football. He is an ardent supporter of Hibernian Football Club. He loves both popular and classical music and fulfilled a lifetime ambition when he conducted an orchestra in concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

John also takes an active interest in conservation, especially the preservation of rain forests and is an honorary committee member of Ellie Friend. He is involved with many charities including Shelter, Radio Lollipop, NSPCC, Cancer Research, NCH Action for Children and Macmillan Nurses.

On top of all this, he still finds time to take part in a variety of corporate events mainly in the role of MC / host.

Leslie_John.jpg

Guest Bart of Darkness

What a nice man that John Leslie seems. Must watch This Morning and see if he's really as nice as his bio suggests.

What a nice man that John Leslie seems. Must watch This Morning and see if he's really as nice as his bio suggests.

Hes nice to women esp that Fern Britton.

What pisses me off more than anything is when Alistair Stewart introduces fat slag Kirsty as a "Property Expert" on London Tonight, on a Monday evening. She is no more an expert than anyone on this Forum. I have e-mailed London Tonight asking them what qualifications Allsop has. They did not reply. Is she a member of any professional institution such as the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors? What training or studies has she undertaken to become such an expert? The answer of course is none.

In my profession as a Financial Adviser, I have taken and passed Financial Planning Certificate 1, 2 and 3. Recently, I have also passed CF6, which is a mortgage qualification exam. These were all taken at my own expense, and involved a lot of intense studying. To stay qualified I also have to prove continual professional development, as well as ongoing compliance checks. Plus, of course, I am RESPONSIBLE for any advice that I give.

I am not a Financial expert. I just consider myself completely competent to do the job that I have trained for.

How has Kirsty Allsop reached this hallowed position where TV presenters fawn over her and take every one of her statements as gospel. In her little girl voice she states the blindingly obvious and then passes some stupid opinion which usually is greeted by a serious nodding head.

When everything goes tits up, as it will, she will most probably turn up as an expert on debt management.

I find modern Britain a very strange place. Where normal people have to prove competence to wire a plug or empty the bins yet the people in power who dish out these rules and regulations (such as Fat Boy Prescott) are totally incompetent and Teflon coated.

Has this country gone completely mad ???

what is Krusty wearing? she looks like a a lump!

and the prices of the houses they're looking at are ridiculous!

she's 'avin' a baby aint she?

What pisses me off more than anything is when Alistair Stewart introduces fat slag Kirsty as a "Property Expert" on London Tonight, on a Monday evening. She is no more an expert than anyone on this Forum. I have e-mailed London Tonight asking them what qualifications Allsop has. They did not reply. Is she a member of any professional institution such as the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors? What training or studies has she undertaken to become such an expert? The answer of course is none.

The media seems to think that "Dr" Gillian McKeith is an expert nutritionist. Personally I'd rate that as even madder than Krusty being a "property expert".

http://www.jmdl.com/howard/rants/Gillian_McKeith.html

What other media darling false prophets can we spot?

Billy Shears

Guest horace

Yes.

h.

Edited by horace

Though artless programming such as this makes me want to eat my own face, I sat through this particular episode of LLL to see if they owned up to the fact that the purchase of the house Kirstie & Phil found* fell through in the end (the seller pulled out a few months ago).

Surprise, surprise the programme ended without a whisper.

Still it was nice to see Norwich on the box.

* Well, a local property finding firm found, actually - Kirstie & Phil just presented the fruits of the firm's labours.