House Price Crash Forum

This new ticker is giving me the horrors. It reminds me of Bruno’s garish site. Ess Tee ARRs will looze out in the end. If it goes on much longer I shall need a new ticker. Anyway it should run along from right to left like everybody else’s ticker

Is the ticker working for anyone who uses IE? I have tried it on my machine and it seems to be ok....

Is the ticker working for anyone who uses IE? I have tried it on my machine and it seems to be ok....

Nope, firefox handles it better but with IE it's icky.

Page loads slower intiially while the ticker is blank red, ticker then loads, but then some BB elements go blank white then re-load for some odd reason. Scrolling is crap until the final re-loading of the BB elements. The whole thing can take between 5 and 15 seconds - maybe depending on the thread content smileys/post lengths.

Nope, firefox handles it better but with IE it's icky.

Page loads slower intiially while the ticker is blank red, ticker then loads, but then some BB elements go blank white then re-load for some odd reason. Scrolling is crap until the final re-loading of the BB elements. The whole thing can take between 5 and 15 seconds - maybe depending on the thread content smileys/post lengths.

Same here on AOL. Didn't bother me too much to start with, but it's starting to grate a bit now.

Can Webmaster dump this News Ticker? - its fairly useless, as users who want to see news can go to News Blog tab.

Its really slowing page loading down, stopping scrolling till the blasted javascript loads, and badly affecting the basic usability of the site.

In terms of priority, basic page loading and site speed is far more important than some nice extra news widget [that barely works anyway]

What browser and version do you use and what connection are you on?

When we first introduced the ticker it did cause problems but we have sorted out the JavaScript and it should be fine now.

We are looking at some other issues regarding slow page loading though and will let you know when we've made some changes.

What browser and version do you use and what connection are you on?

When we first introduced the ticker it did cause problems but we have sorted out the JavaScript and it should be fine now.

We are looking at some other issues regarding slow page loading though and will let you know when we've made some changes.

I'm using IE6.0 with connection >5Mb but I'm still having the same problem of not being able to scroll properly until the whole page has loaded, I can't say I've noticed any improvement from when the ticker was first introduced.

Edit : Hold on, I've just realised the ticker has gone but I've still got the same problem! I'm certain I used to be able to scroll properly while a page was loading and I noticed the problem at pretty much the same time the ticker was added ... ? :blink:

Edited by Manic Miner

I'm using IE6.0 with connection >5Mb but I'm still having the same problem of not being able to scroll properly until the whole page has loaded, I can't say I've noticed any improvement from when the ticker was first introduced.

Edit : Hold on, I've just realised the ticker has gone but I've still got the same problem! I'm certain I used to be able to scroll properly while a page was loading and I noticed the problem at pretty much the same time the ticker was added ... ? :blink:

Tickers gone and I'm back to full speed. Yippee!!

Guest Charlie The Tramp

agree, the site apears to be back on steroids.... Shame because i liked the ticker.

It`s now on the Homepage.