House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hedi

Feel Alone Depressed By It All

ive read on here that some of you are getting drpressed and feel rather isolated in the modern world.

well wherever and whoever you are i have good news and bad.

first the bad. i will not have mattered when you were born or where, you feel alone because thats just you.

here is the good news. stop trying to join in, they dont want you because you dont fit. just be yourself and a little mad, and stop caring that you dont belong. and most of all stop caring what they think. (but no beards please)

no more pressing matters.

im just in my fourties and i remember the late 80s very well. i remember not being able to buy, i remember people desparate to get a house, and they did, that was a mistake. i remember the rush , nowhere to buy, sellers being greedy, buyers panicing,banks lending, new longer mortgages, 35 years i remember it well. my frustration, i cant aford this of that, they cannot be serious 50,000 for that .

now we can all pour over the figures and have our little go at each other. we can all try and spot the slightest change in banking sentiment. but take a look at the big picture, look at the wood not at the trees. history is repeating itself as it always does. house prices will go down as sure as eggs are eggs and the time is getting nearer by the day. the luck, this govenment has had to date, is running out rapidly .

be not affraid

ive read on here that some of you are getting drpressed and feel rather isolated in the modern world.

first the bad. i will not have mattered when you were born or where, you feel alone because thats just you.

here is the good news. stop trying to join in, they dont want you because you dont fit. just be yourself and a little mad, and stop caring that you dont belong. and most of all stop caring what they think. (but no beards please)

im just in my fourties and i remember the late 80s very well. i remember not being able to buy, i remember people desparate to get a house, and they did, that was a mistake. i remember the rush , nowhere to buy, sellers being greedy, buyers panicing,banks lending, new longer mortgages, 35 years i remember it well. my frustration, i cant aford this of that, they cannot be serious 50,000 for that .

now we can all pour over the figures and have our little go at each other. we can all try and spot the slightest change in banking sentiment. but take a look at the big picture, look at the wood not at the trees. history is repeating itself as it always does. house prices will go down as sure as eggs are eggs and the time is getting nearer by the day. the luck, this govenment has had to date, is running out rapidly .

be not affraid

Agree with your sentiment but why no beards?

CS

FTB's now have no other frame of reference (they haven't seen economic cycles) and are being bombarded by the VI media (far bigger/more pervasive than it was in the 80's )...

Thank you Hedi - it's always good to have someone put things in perspective, and you've done that very well. I don't have personal experience to go from because i wasn't old enough to buy a house back then (born '75). It's funny because i've just been having a discusion with a friend (a retired economics teacher) who pointed out to me in the news that the halifax are reporting house prices are going to rise. Was i like a deer in headlights? Did i feel a lull in my heart. No, definately not. I've learned history is repeating itself well and truely, and it's stories like yours, and the headlines on here from the last crash that really back up what is happening. If it's different to last time - why are the same things happening?

First class post Hedi.I remember only to well the 80`s,got caught up with it myself. The hype today though is incredible.Spoke to a business man this week who to;d me that house prices are still increasing @ 20% per annum.Whilst there are people like that ,no wonder the whole charade is holding up{for the moment}.

I just see people launching into debt without any thought to the future. Some friends of ours paid their mortgage on their credit card this month. Are they worried? No. There are always more credit cards, more loans available. Until one day...

They just seem totally blind to the reality of their situation though. I wonder how many more are living like this.

Don't you mean look at the forest & not the tree's rather than the wood & tree's?

How can a 'rather' or a question mark belong to a tree? Is this some kind of new christmas spring bounce decoration? Maybe it's just as well you seem more interested in (spending hundreds of hours) laughing at people who can't afford a home than bringing up your own children. You don't appear intellectually equipped for the task. :blink:

Agree with your sentiment but why no beards?

CS

I think she means don’t have a beard, set fire to flags, slap your shoes and celebrate somebody’s horrible death.

Guest Winners and Losers

Don't you mean look at the forest & not the tree's rather than the wood & tree's?

:blink:

Oh pipe down. Haven't you had enough fun for one day? :P

How can a 'rather' or a question mark belong to a tree? Is this some kind of new christmas spring bounce decoration? Maybe it's just as well you seem more interested in (spending hundreds of hours) laughing at people who can't afford a home than bringing up your own children. You don't appear intellectually equipped for the task. :blink:

:lol::lol:

I'm having trouble seeing the tree's in your forest of confusion, but the question begs - since when was intellect a requirement for bringing up children?

If it were, we'd be extinct!

Maybe TTRTR was a greengrocer in a former life ;)

Guest Winners and Losers

Maybe TTRTR was a greengrocer in a former life ;)

I doubt it was anything that exciting. :rolleyes:

1. Just to make this clear, this is a forum for indivduals interested in all things HPC. Yes, this current status quo is a pain, but we're not fooking Goths.

2. I didn't realise the government controlled the BoE, morgage companies and estate agencies. The fact is the government doesn't encourage people to borrow themselves stupid.

I just see people launching into debt without any thought to the future. Some friends of ours paid their mortgage on their credit card this month. Are they worried? No. There are always more credit cards, more loans available. Until one day...

They just seem totally blind to the reality of their situation though. I wonder how many more are living like this.

True, but for every one person living day to day on credit there are 10 people living on their cash and earnings while saving loads too.

Guest Baffled_by_it_all

I think you might want to flip that around. It's more like 10 people with credit cards and one person saving.

:lol::lol:

I'm having trouble seeing the tree's in your forest of confusion, but the question begs - since when was intellect a requirement for bringing up children?

If it were, we'd be extinct!

:lol: We certainly would, in fact you need a certificate issued by the Idiots Institute of Chavs to have kids these days.

thank you all for your kind comments,just a few notes,

1. im not sure what to say about the beard man, but i dont want to be rude, but it would include something about caravans.

2. just to claer things up, the expression is cant see the wood for the trees. and just to confuse jonny foreigner a wood is a small forest as well as a bit of a tree.

3. i am extra pleased as now it seems that one of my posts has started well and is ending in the usual way, by some folk having a spat with each other. you have made my day. :D:D:D

thank you all for your kind comments,just a few notes,

3. i am extra pleased as now it seems that one of my posts has started well and is ending in the usual way, by some folk having a spat with each other. you have made my day. :D:D:D

That’s the spirit Hedi, You’d make a good peace negotiator. You should try working for the government

That’s the spirit Hedi, You’d make a good peace negotiator. You should try working for the government

Congratulations - you win the prize for best oxymoron of the day..... ;)

Many more are living just like that, giving no concern for their own or families future...buy now, might pay it back if I can later.

I believe house prices in some areas will show as rising ( as in 87,88 ) just long enough to tie in the last gullible few.

Last one in pays the most.

Things will get worse before they will get better. ;)

Edited by winkie

Congratulations - you win the prize for best oxymoron of the day..... ;)

Here’s te next I think that’s the worst complement I’ve ever had, but thank you all the same.

be not affraid

Try reading this back and read it in your head in a PAM AYERS voice!

Brought a smile to my face - well done.

TB