House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George

Something Else We Get Ripped Of On

Treasure Island I beleive we are called.

I bought a model railway engine (for my son, hmm, hmm) in America for £150 including postage, list price in GB is £299.

My wife is looking to buy the new Kia Sedona when it comes out in September, available now in the States including all state and local taxes for £14k, price in GB will be in excess of £20k (and don't give me any of that left hand v right hand drive crap - the Japanese, Indians, most of South Asia and Indonesia, Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans plus the majority of the East Coast of Africa all drive on the left. The cost of converting for a high volume sale car can easily be absorbed at the design stage).

Aren't Region 1 DVD's about 50% of the cost of Region 2 as well? Been a little while since I 'bought' a DVD :o

Guest Winners and Losers

Treasure Island I beleive we are called.

I bought a model railway engine (for my son, hmm, hmm) in America for £150 including postage, list price in GB is £299.

My wife is looking to buy the new Kia Sedona when it comes out in September, available now in the States including all state and local taxes for £14k, price in GB will be in excess of £20k (and don't give me any of that left hand v right hand drive crap - the Japanese, Indians, most of South Asia and Indonesia, Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans plus the majority of the East Coast of Africa all drive on the left. The cost of converting for a high volume sale car can easily be absorbed at the design stage).

Aren't Region 1 DVD's about 50% of the cost of Region 2 as well? Been a little while since I 'bought' a DVD :o

I bought my car in Australia for about 5k less than it would cost in the UK. It cost me nothing to ship it as it was shipped with my furniture (you only pay the cost of the container). I had to get the speedo converted from k's to miles, but then VOSA refunded me the cost of that as I discovered that I could have the vehicle classed as a commercial vehicle and converting the speedo is not a requirement. Only other thing I had to do was have the tint removed from the front windows. That cost 20 quid.

Saved £50 on an ipod bought in N.A.

clothes much cheaper.

petrol

cars

food

only thing i found more over there was beer and shots, here you can get a good shot for £1 there its like $3-4.

I must strongly agree with what is said on this thread. We seem to be the country that puts up with it. I think in the states that just wouldn’t buy if it’s overpriced.

Charlie the tramp is the person who finds bargains, but I wish he’d tell us where.

We bought our car in Italy for about half the price it would have cost here. though we did have a Nato discount and the er was very good at the time.