House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magpie

England Team

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...and/4983618.stm

A bit of a weird one - surprised not to see King and Wright Phillips, but could be good to have Downing, Lennon and even Walcott. Not sure what I think yet, but it will be interesting at least.

I think Sven got bored of being predictable and just went for whatever he felt like on the day...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...and/4983618.stm

A bit of a weird one - surprised not to see King and Wright Phillips, but could be good to have Downing, Lennon and even Walcott. Not sure what I think yet, but it will be interesting at least.

I think Sven got bored of being predictable and just went for whatever he felt like on the day...

King has a broken foot and it's not as if we are desperate in his area of the pitch as we are with Rooney. SWP made a serious mistake going to Chelsea and he is suffering for it.

King has a broken foot and it's not as if we are desperate in his area of the pitch as we are with Rooney. SWP made a serious mistake going to Chelsea and he is suffering for it.

True - I suppose King would be a banker otherwise as he's versatile, but Hargreaves has the same kind of utility player appeal (don't love him myself, but he's at least reliable).

I think SWP still would have gone as he's looked good for England, but Lennon has been brilliant lately (and that's from an Arsenal fan...) so Sven has just gone for the form he can see. You're right SWP must be kicking himself for going to Chelsea and sitting on a bench full of tossers all season...

I was pleased to see Reo-Coker on the reserves list as well - I think he's a good bet for 2008-2010

True - I suppose King would be a banker otherwise as he's versatile, but Hargreaves has the same kind of utility player appeal (don't love him myself, but he's at least reliable).

I think SWP still would have gone as he's looked good for England, but Lennon has been brilliant lately (and that's from an Arsenal fan...) so Sven has just gone for the form he can see. You're right SWP must be kicking himself for going to Chelsea and sitting on a bench full of tossers all season...

I was pleased to see Reo-Coker on the reserves list as well - I think he's a good bet for 2008-2010

The only players I'm not too keen on are Hargreaves and Jenas. Don't think either have really done anything special in an England shirt.

It doesn`t matter who goes, they`ll be back before you can say schadenfreude :P

Limpet