House Price Crash Forum

A friend has been renting a flat in North London with a mate who moved out a couple of months ago. He decided to keep the place on himself but the landlord said he was putting it on the market and could stay until it sold!

New build 2 bedder quite smart, the landlord owns a few in the block, rent £230 a week.

Guess what, he cant sell and has withdrawn it from the market.

Tells my friend the rent will have to go up to £260 a week "because of the interest rate rises", obviously my mate is going to tell him to stick it where the sun dont shine and rent one round the corner for the same money or less, but can you believe just how stupid these BTL fools are.

This crash is going to be huge. :lol:

He wants a rent rise due to rising interest rates?

There's a forum member called 'paying some b*stards mortgage' - that just about sums it up.

Or, in the words of the popular ditty:

The Landlord's here to visit

They're blasting disco down below

Sez, "I'm doubling up the rent

Cos the building's condemned

You're gonna help me buy City Hall"

I was reading through a local property paper the other day and there was a house available to rent for just shy of £12,000 pcm (yes you did read that correctly, 12 grand). I mean this WAS a very nice house. But why on earth would anyone rent somewhere for £144,000 per year? :unsure:

I was reading through a local property paper the other day and there was a house available to rent for just shy of £12,000 pcm (yes you did read that correctly, 12 grand). I mean this WAS a very nice house. But why on earth would anyone rent somewhere for £144,000 per year? :unsure:

There's the opposite for a house outside Hartlepool (yes that is Hartlepool) a 4 bed conversion of a small school. For sale at offers in region of £499,950 or rent at £1000 a month. 2.4% return with no upside anyone?

I hope That the tenant has a 12 month contract on that flat so his BTL landlord is fixed at the current payment well in to the on coming crash and raising of interest rates.

:lol::lol::lol:

My landlord asked if we could pay an extra £40 pounds a month when we had the last interest rate rise to cover her mortgage as she was making a lose. :angry:

my reply " Ok, we can discuss it when the tenancy agreement has to be resigned in April 2005. then we can look at what the going rate in our area is then. We don't know if it will be going up or down". :rolleyes:

I felt abit sorry for my landlord as she is a young lady who does'nt really know what the hell she is doing. She looked a bit worried by my comment but agreed. :unsure:

I see that she may be having payment problems but at the end of the day it's her problems and not mine. I wonder if i asked her for a reduction in rent because I was poor she'd help me out????? I think not. <_<

Mad_dan

I like to think of it like a  rent rebate, money back for the last 2 years when we have been over paying :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Some landlords see the tenant as responsible for there financial welfare, they may even believe they have some form of relationship and that the tenant should be concerned as to thier position. Other people to blame are the government, banks press etc.

The landlord of my neighbour recentley told me that his tenants were loveley people. He hoped that they would stay for at least another year, but was worried that should they have trouble paying the rent thier eviction would sour thier relationship at work, because they worked together. Of course it bloody will!.