House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ritters

Real Story With Fiona Bruce

this is quality television at it's best..

next up, tonight's big story..

we delve into the stories of families who have found cutting off their own limbs for food to save on grocery shopping (so they can afford to run their flash cars and ipods) is causing them problems in the long run..

are people really that stupid that they think everyone is in the world to love each other? pah, snort, rant.

Edited by ca-uk

Ah, the old iPod coment rears its ugly head again... I was wondering why I can't afford a house, and I now know! It's 'cause I once bought an iPod, not because my wage is at least £10K per year too small :rolleyes:

Fiona Bruce reports on the families in debt who've found consolidating their borrowing into `one easy payment' secured against their home to be one big headache.

Loan company lends into negative equity

I think Carol Voderman is well pi$$ed off already. Apparently she instucted her "legal representatives" to investigate once Martin Lewis started his petition - which is now up to nearly 60,000. To be fair to him he did try to contact her on a number of occasions, but she has refused to talk to him! I think after tonights programe Ms Vorderman's going to end up with egg on her face.

Edited by cupidstunt

The 'backlash' is building up a head of steam :lol: :

moneysavingexpert.com/carol

I think Miss Voderman is doing us a favour. If sheeple want to get themselves into debt trouble, let them.

Now controlling how much you can borrow - that is what is required!!!

Im no fan of CV, but I think you need to see this campaign as an effort to raise awareness of personal debt, not how bad CV is alleged to have been because she has done a few adverts. If people are too stupid not to realise that companies will use her image to sell products and fall for the associated BS then too bad.

If people have taken out large loans because they want 4x4s, plasma screens, extensions etc then ****** 'em.

If however people need these loans to cover the shortcomings in their personal pay (the vast majority of 'the poor' have jobs...they just aint paid enough) then that is a travesty. A more useful mission would be to raise the minimum wage and raise awareness of poverty pay in UK PLC.

It would be interesting to see how much of the indebtedness of british households is to make up for this gap and how much is really about consumer splurges...

I think Carol Voderman is well pi$$ed off already. Apparently she instucted her "legal representatives" to investigate once Martin Lewis started his petition - which is now up to nearly 60,000. To be fair to him he did try to contact her on a number of occasions, but she has refused to talk to him! I think after tonights programe Ms Vorderman's going to end up with egg on her face.

i'm not saying people can't afford to buy a house because of investing in ipods - i'm saying that people who already have houses and have mew'ed are regretting wasting their money on toys..

i'm not saying people can't afford to buy a house because of investing in ipods - i'm saying that people who already have houses and have mew'ed are regretting wasting their money on toys..

ipods are not toys they are brilliant devices for playing music which can give you a lot of pleasure, if you cannot afford an ipod you can certainly not afford a house.

" They had debts of over £20,000 across a variety of credit and store cards and wanted to extend their credit and pool their loans into a single payment.

Their joint income at the time was only £18,000 a year, yet they were lent more than £47,000 secured against the value of their home.

When they took their loan out in December 2003, their interest rate was 10.9% -since then it has risen to 12%. "

Hello.

If you can't see why they are bit fick (in the absence of publicised extenuating factors), then WTF - you have more than 100% of your salary out there in unsecured debt, then you borrow that PLUS AN EXTRA £25k AT SKY HIGH RATES, then what sort of idiot are you ? You have poor credit, that's why you are talking to subprime lenders, then you are stupid enough to borrow almost 150% more than you need - you are a fool.

Found this in an old VIZ:

I don't buy Viz, but they did sometimes have some excellent satire in them. One article I saw once was "tomorrow's weather by the stars", describing the different types of weather that people would experience tomorrow depending on their birth signs.

Guest horace

The Scottish couple besides contracting massive debts are advertising their gross stupidity on national television!

What f*ckwits!

Is there no end to their self inflicted humiliation?

I wonder if they had the gumption to ask the BBC for a financial contribution? I doubt it. But wait, it means dear auntie have made another low cost programme so we all win. Trebles all round!!

h. :D:D:D:D:D

Edited by horace

I think Carol Voderman is well pi$$ed off already. Apparently she instucted her "legal representatives" to investigate once Martin Lewis started his petition - which is now up to nearly 60,000.

Indeed, apparently her agent wouldn't comment or issue a statement, however they're quite adept at ca$hing cheques.

Quite right, Oz. Just email me your full financial details and I'll let you know by return how much you're allowed to borrow. You'd like that, wouldn't you?

p

Quite right, Oz. Just email me your full financial details and I'll let you know by return how much you're allowed to borrow. You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Can I self-cert that application? I actually work four jobs simultaneously, err, that's why I'm poor and need your sharking services.

p

huh?

I don't buy Viz, but they did sometimes have some excellent satire in them. One article I saw once was "tomorrow's weather by the stars", describing the different types of weather that people would experience tomorrow depending on their birth signs.

I quite like some of the Handy Moneysaving Hints such as "Why waste money on an expensive personalised number plate ? Just change your name to match your current number plate".

N.

On next weeks Real Story - 2 BTL'Ss find that their recently purchased newbuild Appartments are worth 30% less than they paid for them. What's worse they've just found they are unable to get any Tennants and even if they could it would only pay half of their 100% mortgage repayments - Fiona Bruce Forsyth investigates! :lol:

Edited by cupidstunt

Isn't a lot of this loan consolidation (as in charges on the house), not done by the back door in the small print by the banks.

What happened to the talk on here some time ago about banks having their unsecured loans, secured on houses by small print subdefuge. I'd have a search, but don't quite know what to look for.

Apparently the banks have been up to such tricks for decades. I talked to a 75 year old guy who took out a £300 loan 30 years ago with lloyds. He found out what he thought was his unsecured loan, was in fact secured on his pension scheme.

The bank manager had not told him that the paper he had signed mentioned this. The manager even had the cheek to say a guarantor was not necessary when the guy offered one, as the customer was so trustworthy :angry:

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the Carol Vorderman witchhunt. If these people are stupid enough to borrow more than they can afford to pay back then tough $h1t. She didn't arrange the extra borrowing for them and make them sign on the dotted line. Are we supposed to feel sympathy for these dullards?

CCCS Chair Malcolm Hurlston tells the programme: "I think the problem is because of her high profile, she is well known for having a kind of expertise and this is transferred in the mind of the consumer

What a load of tosh. Celebrities advertise things all the time but that doesn't make them responsible for other stupid greedy b@ast@rds.

Edited by Gillee

I think Miss Voderman is doing us a favour. If sheeple want to get themselves into debt trouble, let them.

Oh yes, great. Let's go back to the seventies, where credit was near impossible to get! No thanks.