House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iLegallyBlonde

One Last Report From The Vipers Nest !

Because I have resigned, the Estate Agents actually earn every penny for their ability to perform such a brain numbing role every day of their working lives. I could stand the staring into space, playing on the net and talking to my friends no more, I'd rather be in the sand pit with my 2 year old on a day like today.

Anyway to the point, my conclusion is everything that is selling at the moment will be back on the market in 6 weeks time because ..... drum role ...... the mortgages are being rejected, the houses are being down valued by the surveyors and the first buyers have got cold feet.

I have an example of each of those scenarios happen this week to draw on and am also delighted to announce that the owner of the EA's house went on the market this week and once I have received my owed salary I'll post you a link and we can all watch with baited breath !

Because I have resigned, the Estate Agents actually earn every penny for their ability to perform such a brain numbing role every day of their working lives. I could stand the staring into space, playing on the net and talking to my friends no more, I'd rather be in the sand pit with my 2 year old on a day like today.

Anyway to the point, my conclusion is everything that is selling at the moment will be back on the market in 6 weeks time because ..... drum role ...... the mortgages are being rejected, the houses are being down valued by the surveyors and the first buyers have got cold feet.

I have an example of each of those scenarios happen this week to draw on and am also delighted to announce that the owner of the EA's house went on the market this week and once I have received my owed salary I'll post you a link and we can all watch with baited breath !

It will be a shame not to have a HPC secret agent anymore :( I am glad you have one last load of info for us though. Keep us posted.

Is there anymore info on your ex house?? I see it has not one stc on rightmove yet

..... drum role ...... the mortgages are being rejected, the houses are being down valued by the surveyors and the first buyers have got cold feet.

Are you saying that you've detected a sea change in the market over the past several weeks ?

Sorry to hear that you've left your job (even though it was being an EA). Have you got another one lined up ?

This is interesting. Just before I sold my last house in the ridiculous California market the valuation surveyor said our house was worth whatever figure we like to name as he could not keep up with the increases. The banks change their tune when they know the market is falling as risk aversion is second nature to them.

This summer could be interesting with this trend and higher IR coming on line. We may well see a very sharp turnaround and heaven help the market if the VI newspapers go bear.

Are you saying that you've detected a sea change in the market over the past several weeks ?

Sorry to hear that you've left your job (even though it was being an EA). Have you got another one lined up ?

Over definately, everything went mad about 2 weeks ago and suddenly things started selling in a few days again like 2004, I was very concerned but the ones in the pipeline aren't completing. Of course a few are but not nearly enough.

I must say I am not in the slightest bit concerned about the job, hubs thought I was mad to take it in the first place and yes I shall be starting with Aldi in a few weeks time in the finance department, something rather more challenging.

What sort of price band are the houses that are being downgraded? High or low end?

High end, the BoS refused one at £385, reduced it to £360 - owner refuses to budge, purchaser is putting his back on the market for £25k more to see if he can raise the money that way :lol:

God, that was quick, I shall expect the imminent collapse of the entire industry due to your good work ;)

I have done my best ;) tbh I think there will be a lot of talented people moving on soon as they realise the money isn't there any more, once they have to actually start working/selling for a living !

And I can change my photo again as it doesn't matter who spots me shopping in Heswall now :lol:

Edited by terrified

Over definately, everything went mad about 2 weeks ago and suddenly things started selling in a few days again like 2004, I was very concerned but the ones in the pipeline aren't completing. Of course a few are but not nearly enough.

Actually, still too many! but the point really is that once again this housing market reporting is based on bubble and froth and its not worth noting until its signed on the line, which could take a couple of months to show in the figures.

My next-door neighbour's house has just gone SSTC. Five hundred and seventy five thousand of your english pounds was the price asked for. I shall see how it goes.

:o

RealistBear et al were wrong!

;)

And I can change my photo again as it doesn't matter who spots me shopping in Heswall now :lol:

If that really is you, then you're damn fine looking. Not sure about the tattoo though... :D

Down valued by how much?

Over definately, everything went mad about 2 weeks ago and suddenly things started selling in a few days again like 2004,

So you was an EA in 2004? <_<

A friend has got his mortgage rejected by halifax. He was approved £160K for a house he was looking to buy at £180K with a 20K deposit. He then approached HSBC who are offering a 2 year fix term mortgage at 0.5% higher than he was approved by halifax. Looking at the recent trends in IRs he has now changed his mind at the property is back in the market.

My next-door neighbour's house has just gone SSTC. Five hundred and seventy five thousand of your english pounds was the price asked for. I shall see how it goes.

RealistBear et al were wrong!

;)

RealistBear stands until the cats in the bag. And even that may indicate a large deposit and high levels of financial idiocy!

Oh, I just thought that was a smudge on the photograph.

:D

I’ve just been reliably informed by my son (looking over my shoulder)

that your teddy bear avatar looks gay? (gay flag rainbow)

Not that that’s important (everyone should have the right to be homeless)

Now I will have to question him how he knew about that?????

Not that that’s important (everyone should have the right to be homeless)

Now I will have to question him how he knew about that?????

Crikey, if your son reads this, I'd better be more careful about my language in future.

Having watched 'Rainbow' throughout my childhood, I now feel very confused :-

rainbow_bungle_800.jpg

:unsure:

You live in Heswall? :o

Yeah, I run a nice little Estate Agents there, I'm noted for my yellow cars and cheap suits :rolleyes:

post-2525-1147033255.jpg

your teddy bear avatar looks gay? (gay flag rainbow)

My teddy is NOT gay. I need to be straight about this.

Someone we know has found a flat for just over £100k in a not so nice area.

EA's jumped up and down and said they could get a mortgage sorted out in house through their mortgage advisors.

Well they haven't found any of the main banks wanting to lend the sum. I guess it is a high multiple and the person buying has said they will rent out a room to raise the extra required for the mortgage.

The father is also weighing in by saying he will back the loan if anything happens.

My own thoughts are that this person should not be getting into the market at this stage - it's just plain crazy.

High end, the BoS refused one at £385, reduced it to £360 - owner refuses to budge, purchaser is putting his back on the market for £25k more to see if he can raise the money that way :lol:

I have done my best ;) tbh I think there will be a lot of talented people moving on soon as they realise the money isn't there any more, once they have to actually start working/selling for a living !

Sorry to hear you won't be our Secret Agent anymore, but hope your finance role goes better!

I am a little confused about your location though. I thought you were based in Stratford upon Avon??