House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Massive Jobs Loss At N T L Just Announced

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/05/07/story257564.html

NTL 'to axe 4,000 jobs in UK'

07/05/2006 - 10:37:56

NTL will this week announce that 4,000 jobs in the UK are to be lost following its merger with cable rival Telewest, it was reported today.
Head office roles will be cut and call centre jobs transferred overseas in a shake-up that affects one in every four members of staff, according to the Independent on Sunday.

Tick tock, tick tock.................. :o

Edited by Realistbear

Every month they send me a letter explaining the benifits of joining NTL - every month I throw them in the bin.

I am not surprised . They are desperate for my business with them

Edited by notanewmember

Every month they send me a letter explaining the benifits of joining NTL - every month I throw them in the bin.

I am not surprised . They are desperate for my business with them

I actually think NTL are ideally placed to take account of the coming media revolution. UKTV are a joint venture between Cable and Wireless (now I guess NTL ?) and the BBC, and supplies a significant proportion of the UK's digital content.

NTL now of course do TV, land lines and internet and now with the Virgin mobile merger it can effectively offer what everyone calls "quad play". I think they're just about the first company to achieve this in the UK, and in theory should be very profitable for them. I assume Sjy has ambitions in the same direction - but who else can compete?

I actually think NTL are ideally placed to take account of the coming media revolution. UKTV are a joint venture between Cable and Wireless (now I guess NTL ?) and the BBC, and supplies a significant proportion of the UK's digital content.

NTL now of course do TV, land lines and internet and now with the Virgin mobile merger it can effectively offer what everyone calls "quad play". I think they're just about the first company to achieve this in the UK, and in theory should be very profitable for them. I assume Sjy has ambitions in the same direction - but who else can compete?

Slip of the keyboard - I meant SKY obviously...

I was actually unfortunate enough to work for NTL 5 years ago for a short period, their working practises were the worst i have ever seen, my manager was just a joke.

There were incidents of engineers deliberately disconnecting customers telephone lines on the orders of their manager in order to have them reconnected within a very short period of a fault being created so that the repair rate and the time it was fixed would look good.

I could'nt stomach it any longer and left

Sam