House Price Crash Forum
Rain'ard

Cars Houses And Cars

Does having a car or two cars influence where you chose to live?

I’ve been looking at several places in the Brighton area to rent, and most of terraced houses and flats in town have nowhere to park you car or van if you use one for work.

I personally do not care for cars, but need them for work, so this is another issue to pay more just some where to live. We have plenty of firemen if someone wants one

Does having a car or two cars influence where you chose to live?

I’ve been looking at several places in the Brighton area to rent, and most of terraced houses and flats in town have nowhere to park you car or van if you use one for work.

I personally do not care for cars, but need them for work, so this is another issue to pay more just some where to live. We have plenty of firemen if someone wants one

I saw the Treason Show at the Komedia last night and they did a really funny sketch about parking in Brighton. I definitely wouldn't live in Brighton without off road parking. It's a complete nightmare without it, especially as a lot of the regeneration seems to have removed a whole load of parking spaces from the city centre and the car parks are phenomenally expensive. As for permits - fine if you fancy fighting your neighbours for the one space you have between about ten permit holders but not if you just want a quiet life!

Yes Mags. Not much better for having a bike either. I remember when the internet first came into being, one of the first sites was Brighton’s stupid and dangerous cycle lanes. I think is still on the web now.

One of my reasons for wanting to live where we are looking is so I can get rid of my car, I wouldn't see the point in owning one in London or Brighton for example.

To get out! Brighton is lovingly referred to down here as 'the pisspot of Sussex'. (I don't live there by the way!)

To get out! Brighton is lovingly referred to down here as 'the pisspot of Sussex'. (I don't live there by the way!)

Oh I see, I thought it looked lovely but then I've only seen it on the Gordon Ramsey programme

Brighton is lovely!

But I will always demand off-street parking and a garden of any house I may buy.

I have been driving for 8 months now and will never go back to that unhygenic bum-mash known as "pubic transport".

I dont care if petrol is £50 per litre! last time I though "I'll just take the bus" some retard coughed a lump of infected phlegm into my face.

No thanks.

Car for me.

Offstreet parking for my car, thanks.

Edited by jonewer

P*ss pot of Sussex, Bum mash buses and phlegm in your face and here’s me just worrying about somewhere to park. I must be walking about with my head in the clouds

Yes Mags. Not much better for having a bike either. I remember when the internet first came into being, one of the first sites was Brighton’s stupid and dangerous cycle lanes. I think is still on the web now.

Just curious here, what what do you mean by "when the internet first came into being" and "site"? The internet predates the web by a decade or so.

One of my reasons for wanting to live where we are looking is so I can get rid of my car, I wouldn't see the point in owning one in London or Brighton for example.

Ditto here, though I didn't have the car in London in the first place. One of the attractions of Leicester was that it has a reasonable public transport system and it's quite possible to get away with not having a car, saving £££££. It would be better if the bus companies could come to some agreement about day tickets though. When buying one, you have to decide which bus company you want to use, and then stick with that one throughout the day. Very annoying when you have to let several buses go past, all going to the destination you want to go to, until you get one from the company who sold you your ticket.

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

Brighton is lovely!

Yes, it is lovely... at times! Troubled, but lovely. Tries a bit too hard for me though. If it could just relax a bit and be itself it'd be more chilled out and natural and less affected.

Brighton, like its "sister" town of Nottingham has more criminal law firms per capita than anywhere else in Britain.

I visit quite often as I have an aunt that lives in Brighton. Always feels like a very slightly upscale version of Margate to me. Whereas Rottingdean is delightful.

Billy Shears,

Lazy composition on my part.

I meant when I first came on line. (not when the internet was introduced)

And one of the first sites I encountered on the web, was dedicated to the cycle lanes of Brighton.

It was a bit late and I think I should have gone to bed two hours before. All I succeeded in doing was upsetting AvidFan who quite understandably missed the point

of a reply and we got into a bit of a spat which I thoroughly regret and which he hasn’t forgiven me yet.

Although I’m still smarting myself from a blood curdling encounter with Elizabeth and her loyal associate Libitina which left me with Obsessive compulsive disorder which will not allow me to make a post without mentioning it. I do hope these two ladies take it in good part, because I know in reality they are really wonderful.

Thanks Billy for giving me the opportunity to regain my respect here,

I can now go back to being a `orrible old B****er with a clear conscience.

No offence intended

Foxy