House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

Experian Launches The Bankruptcy Score

"It is generally acknowledged that highly credit active 25-45 year olds living in rented accommodation are the group with the highest risk of personal bankruptcy. Our new Bankruptcy Scorecard identifies this group by analysing more than 20 different factors to identify high-risk cases.

"This new, pre-emptive score will provide lenders with an early warning of serious debt problems to come, and a number of major UK lenders are already investigating how best to incorporate the Bankruptcy Score into their existing customer management strategies."

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...articlekey=1897

Guest Charlie The Tramp

"It is generally acknowledged that highly credit active 25-45 year olds living in rented accommodation are the group with the highest risk of personal bankruptcy. Our new Bankruptcy Scorecard identifies this group by analysing more than 20 different factors to identify high-risk cases.

Experian, I love those guys, they have got me as a bad risk. :D I merely did an experiment applying for a personal loan through ten different lenders within 24 hours and was rejected in all cases. :(

Experian, I love those guys, they have got me as a bad risk. :D I merely did an experiment applying for a personal loan through ten different lenders within 24 hours and was rejected in all cases. :(

:lol: That made me laugh charlie. Reminds me of a colleague I used to work with years ago. He claimed he had kept loads of these circulars that come through the door for loans and that he was one day gonna apply for them all at the same time. The plan was to abscond once all the cheques came through.

I guess it wouldn't have worked!

NDL

I`m not sure this press release is supposed to be shared with the HPC community, thought it may be of interest ;)

And I thought the "highly credit active" citizen (subject, to be pedantic) was a patriotic citizen.

Worries getting bigger then?

Nah, big red star on your file.

Moderator on HPC, knows too much, DENY.

:)

Credit scoring is the art of re-assessing previous ****-ups. How long before another special model is created to profile the £1T debt that has been dumped into the homes market? Don't expect this model to be revised until 100,000's are obviously in the liquidity crapper with default and repo already under way.

:lol: That made me laugh charlie. Reminds me of a colleague I used to work with years ago. He claimed he had kept loads of these circulars that come through the door for loans and that he was one day gonna apply for them all at the same time. The plan was to abscond once all the cheques came through.

I guess it wouldn't have worked!

NDL

It does work, but apply and collect the Cards over a period of years, the limits will be increase even if you don't use them. Withdraw the cash at the airport on the way to South American never to be seen again. :ph34r:

Quite rightly so. Applying for multiple loans at the same time is bad as after the first one it'll show that you're applying when the others look.

Quite rightly so. Applying for multiple loans at the same time is bad as after the first one it'll show that you're applying when the others look.

To be serious for a moment, Sarah makes a very valid point, if you havn`t already done so get a copy of your file. Irrespective of the multitude of searches, you may have a "caution" placed against you suggesting attempted fraud <_<

Spreadbetting?

Nah, this was just for CFD's. Although the same company does do spread betting. For me, this was actually a big plus and actually meant I could trade withing 24 hours of applying for the account.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

To be serious for a moment, Sarah makes a very valid point, if you havn`t already done so get a copy of your file. Irrespective of the multitude of searches, you may have a "caution" placed against you suggesting attempted fraud <_<

No problem, my solicitor sorted it out. A member of my family having been refused a loan obtained his file and guess what, it contained information about myself. ;) When your Bank is your executor you don`t need a credit reference from any of the agencies. :P