Sign in to follow this  
dog

Tax Abuser Of The Week

Tax abuser of the week

Strategic Director of Adult Social Care and Health

Nottinghamshire County Council

Nottinghamshire

Circa £113,000

You will bring a strong vision and the leadership skills and determination to lead change and inspire and support staff. It is essential that you bring a sharp customer focus and a collaborative, inclusive style of working.

'Lets all have massive pay rises and new job titles' tax abuser of the week

Peterborough City Council

Head of Planning Services £60,000 - £73,000

Head of Strategic Growth and Development £60,000 - £73,000

Head of Finance (Contract Services) £60,000 - £73,000

Head of Culture and Recreation £60,000 - £73,000

Head of ICT £60,000 - £73,000

Head of Performance and Programme Management £60,000 - £73,000

Business Manager (Chief Executive) £55,000

Business Manager (Children's Services) £55,000

'Office boy' job of the week

Assistant Director Support Services - Finance

Tribal Consulting

Avon, Somerset

£90,000

A strategic and operational leadership post, leading and driving the Corporate and Financial planning of the Council.

Director - Children's Services

London Borough of Bromley

South London

c.£110k

You will be building on a very solid foundation as much has already been achieved by the existing team. If you have what we are looking for, you will receive our complete support in taking forward our integration agenda.

'Looking after Britain's polar regions' job of the week

Head of Polar Regions Unit

Foreign and Commonwealth Office

England

£54,788 - £115,616 plus benefits

Taking control of the policy-making Polar Regions Unit, you will lead the UK delegation to both the annual Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meetings and the Antarctic Fisheries Commission Meeting.

Funniest and most pointless job of the week

Corporate Diversity Manager

Thurrock Council

Essex

£50K

Developing, promoting and advising on all relevant issues, you will ensure that our workforce accurately reflects the community we serve - in this way, you'll make sure that everyone can contribute to our ongoing success, whatever their background.

Assistant to the deputy Chief Executive and he is still on £90K (this job includes responsibility for learning and achievement in 0 year olds)

Director of Learning

Cambridgeshire County Council

Cambridgeshire

£78,800 - £89,300

As a key member of the team led by our Deputy Chief Executive for Children and Young People's Services, you will lead our work to develop our services in learning and achievement across the 0-19 age range.

'Head of function' job of the week

Head of Function (Housing)

Local Authorities Coordinators of Regulatory Services

Greater London

£45,081 - £50, 823 plus benefits

You will be working with local authorities, Government and key stakeholders to develop and deliver the necessary support and advice infrastructure to help authorities successfully deliver key new responsibilities under the Housing Act 2004.

Other tax abusers

Corporate Director (Community Services)

West Berkshire Council

Berkshire

£100k

As Corporate Director you will also be instrumental in maximising the synergies between Cultural Services, the rest of the Directorate and the Council as a whole.

Assistant Director of Commissioning

London Borough of Islington

North London

£81,681 - £94,749

You will lead and direct the inter-agency commissioning functions of Children's Services to achieve better outcomes for children in Islington.

Director of Learning

Cambridgeshire County Council

Cambridgeshire

£78,800 - £89,300

As a key member of the team led by our Deputy Chief Executive for Children and Young People's Services, you will lead our work to develop our services in learning and achievement across the 0-19 age range.

It annoys me intensely when I earn exactly the national average wage for working really hard as a teacher (and anyone who is in education will know what I mean: while some other professionals may retaliate with the "teachers get half the year off and knock off at 3pm" myth) - while these spongers mentioned in post 1 above sit on their ar$es in air-conditioned offices and schmaltz around in the Local Borough's Jag.

And get paid £100K of my money for it.

By the way, I'm happy with my own job, which I don't do for the massive salary; I'm just pleased with what I do earn.

The point of my post is that this mis-use of our taxes, creating meaningless titles for overpaid and underworked fat cats MUST STOP.