House Price Crash Forum

Money Saving Expert Muppet

HOLA441
HOLA442

Well done, that man. Pulling out is the RIGHT MOVE!!

His behaviour is less than ethical though. Or does being decent not count any more ?

It's a tosser's trick and he could have ballsed so much up for the sellers. Totally out of order, you make an offer, you stick to your word unless the usrvey is horrific. He's messing with other people and that's unfair.

HOLA443

His behaviour is less than ethical though. Or does being decent not count any more ?

It's a tosser's trick and he could have ballsed so much up for the sellers. Totally out of order, you make an offer, you stick to your word unless the usrvey is horrific. He's messing with other people and that's unfair.

I agree to an extent and I like to think I wouldn't have done this.

However, you really do have to look after number one and that is all he is doing.

He shouldn't have offered the original amount in the first place and he has subsequently regretted it.

If houses are selling like hot cakes like many would have you believe there'll be another fool along in no time at all, so no harm done.

NDL

HOLA444

I agree partly with you but he wrote on that forum because he knew 'deep down' that he had made a mistake. Is it right to pull out? Maybe not, but better to do so at this stage.

Should he had stuck with it and suffered a financial loss or struggle with bills? DEFINATELY NOT!

He has made the right decision

TB

HOLA445

I've feel in two minds about the site

On the one hand it can save you money on things that you were going to buy anyway

However, I have found that you can get sucked into, and obsessed with money saving, to the point where you think of nothing else.

It's a good site but it I would stress that the ONLY money saving things worth losing sleep over are

Mortgages - biggest purchase of your life

Car prices - 2nd biggest probably

Food - costs a lot over a year

Everything else is piffle. Who cares if you shave 50 quid off your gas bill a year. It's hardly worth the effort. You'd spend that on ONE night out

The whole point of the site is to make one vain glorious individual very wealthy when he sells his interest <_<

HOLA446

Of course it's a tosser's trick, Rachman! Just like the EA's tosser's trick of up-selling the supposed deals on other nearby houses, thereby pressurising the buyer; also inflating the sale price, his own comission and HPI generally!

Ethics is, unfortunately, an obselete concept in property transactions these days, IMHO.