House Price Crash Forum

I cannot remember who brought these to the board a while back, but the jist was he enquired what the rental prices were. Agent said...well 6 months back they were £1200 but now are ballpark £900. Agent reckoned they had a client who had bought five and was yet to get even one tenant.

I bet his nuts are hurting right now

90 Millroyd Island Brighouse

85 Millroyd Island Brighouse

Edited by Catch22

I cannot remember who brought these to the board a while back, but the jist was he enquired what the rental prices were. Agent said...well 6 months back they were £1200 but now are ballpark £900. Agent reckoned they had a client who had bought five and was yet to get even one tenant.

I bet his nuts are hurting right now

90 Millroyd Island Brighouse

85 Millroyd Island Brighouse

But at their current asking prices the second one is the most expensive (equal) 2 bed flat on rightmove in that postcode. There's a 3 bed for considerably more (£875 rather than £675). The second, at 625, is still very expensive for the area. Quite a number of the flats available there are down around the £500pm. I note that the cheaper flat is "available furnished subject to increase in the rent". I know what I'd say if I was interested in living there!

Those luxury apartments are available to rent or buy (at a discount). Discount from what I ask? About £150K I see from looking at "Buying" in that area. OMG, one of them is selling for "£152,500 (Fixed Price)". A 7.5% yield would price those things at about £110K, though if they get their asking price for rent, that's about a 5.5% yield.

It gets worse. This "stunning mill conversion" won some sort of award. You couldn't make it up.

It is difficult to believe that someone could have been asking £1200pcm for one of these things. That's about double the going rate for flats in that postcode.

Some months ago someone posted some ridiculous asking prices (for purchase) for some 2 bed high rise flats in Liverpool. Anyone know what happened to them?

Look at that bathroom it's appalling, who the heck would buy that ? And it does look like a council flat no getting away from that.

If you look at the "typical lounge" photo, you can see the oven, hob, and hood. I guess that means no kitchen then.

Somebody please tell me that it was a joke that anyone ever asked £1200pcm for these things. Surely we'd be laughing at them even at their current prices if we'd just discovered them.

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

These kind of developments are overpriced everywhere in the UK so the yields are lower than on conventional homes............

If I was renting I'd go for number 85. The flat's got a kitted out workout room in it. Always fancied my own gym.

Yeah, I'd just love a punch-bag with this creature printed on it

av-166.gif

'Spectacular views over Brighouse'.

The despair of life in a northern town.

I'd be insulted if it wasn't both funny and true.

Guest Bart of Darkness

That design is a bit grim, looks like the architect did his training in Eastern Europe.

15071_millr90_IMG_01.jpg

That design is a bit grim, looks like the architect did his training in Eastern Europe.

15071_millr90_IMG_01.jpg

Aqua Brutalist.

Your Eastern Europe reference both sarcastic and possibly forward looking.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Aqua Brutalist.

Your Eastern Europe reference both sarcastic and possibly forward looking.

I try to give value for money. ;)

I can also tell you that not so long ago the police were called to the gym when a punch up took place. There are that many btl's i there that it is very much is like nelson mandela house.

When we went to view some time ago the sales guy told us some elderly couple had sold there house and bought a top floor one for £265.000. He thought it was daft.

Wonder how they are doing with there shopping now.

The other side have a view of Sainsburys car park

The other side have a view of Sainsburys car park

Ah, why didn't anyone mention this before? Typical of bears to paint a bad picture and miss out things like that. Now I can see why the BTLers snapped these flats up. A Sainsbury's car park in Brighouse. Can't top that.