House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BillyShears

Blame For Pain And Misery

People have mentioned on this board that GB will get the blame when everything finally goes t*ts up.

But if IR rises in the UK are delayed long enough while everywhere else goes up and up, would that allow him off the hook in the public's perception? If it's been six months or a year of IRs rising everywhere would he be able to blame it on world conditions and say that the UK has resisted the pressure as long as it could?

Billy Shears

I don't reckon he will get the blame. If he times it right the blame will be shouldered by the new chancellor when Gordon takes over as PM.

Or if he's really lucky then it won't happen until the Tories are in power so the nuLab spin machine can blame it all on the big bad Tories knackering the economy again....

Guest Guy_Montag

I don't reckon he will get the blame. If he times it right the blame will be shouldered by the new chancellor when Gordon takes over as PM.

That's what my money is on.

Or if he's really lucky then it won't happen until the Tories are in power so the nuLab spin machine can blame it all on the big bad Tories knackering the economy again....

I thought about this one. Would politicians be so venal as to; if it was obvious that they would lose power at a forthcoming election, to do things that would sabotage the economy sometime after the change of power. Surely this could never happen.

Billy Shears