House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DICKDASTARDLY

Past Caring ....

Well, after two years of wait and see, I am now at the point of being past caring, having run through every emotion in the book : Regret / Confusion / Frustration / Anger at myself / Anger at everyone else / Depression. Now I dont really give a damn anymore. Lets open another beer, and turn the music up 5,000 ocatves.

Well, after two years of wait and see, I am now at the point of being past caring, having run through every emotion in the book : Regret / Confusion / Frustration / Anger at myself / Anger at everyone else / Depression. Now I dont really give a damn anymore. Lets open another beer, and turn the music up 5,000 ocatves.

Decibles! ;)

Its the the ying and yang - Winners and losers!

It annoys me when majority still dont see how overpriced property is but then what is anything worth? Things are only worth what people are prepared to pay for them...that will always be the case.

For reasons beyond my comprehension people still belive property is worth its current valuation - that needs to change before anything else!

One day people will wake up in a bubble....

Guest Bart of Darkness

Not past caring, just busy with other things. If prices were "normal" I'd only be half-heartedly looking for somewhere.

Well done Sir... just get on with enjoying life.

In two years time you'll end up like me posting funny pics on a forum, and the occasional gibberish rant. :wacko:

Edit: For enlightenment:

http://www.michaelclancy.com/

Edited by burnt before

For reasons beyond my comprehension people still belive property is worth its current valuation

I don't think people generally regard current prices as sensible, the difficulty is that everyone seems to think prices only ever go up.

Edited by FollowTheBear

Things are only worth what people are prepared to pay for them...that will always be the case.

Precisely! Property is worth the ludicrous sums of money people are paying for it. I disagree with them and would not want to saddle myself with enormous amounts of debt. I'm happy to let them get on with it.

Good for you.

Umm, actually decibels..... <_<

Ah you are right indeed. Thought it looked wrong, but couldn't be bothered to look it up. :D

I am absolutely hacked off. We were all set to move and it has gone pear shaped. Prices seem to be crazy and the EA says we need to act quickly in this market which unfortunately is proving the case. The number of people who are cash buyers is mad. Th place we lost it now transpires that the people buying it are also selling their place through teh same EA so that's why they managed to get in ahead of us.

Yep, I feel like that too, life's too important to dwell on this subject but can't...stop...looking...at...HPC...forum.... :D

I would be past caring except that friends are buying or have bought recently which still really makes me mad. They are not greedy or stupid, infact the guy I know who is buying now is a real star. And there is a good chance he is gonna be pretty screwed soon.

I would be past caring except that friends are buying or have bought recently which still really makes me mad. They are not greedy or stupid, infact the guy I know who is buying now is a real star. And there is a good chance he is gonna be pretty screwed soon.

Well, ignorance is bliss, so they are obviously happy to buy. Take the wieght off your shoulders - they aren't your responsibility. I'm sure you've given them this side of the story which is all you can do. And theres always a chance we'll all be even more screwed...

Its the the ying and yang - Winners and losers!

It annoys me when majority still dont see how overpriced property is but then what is anything worth? Things are only worth what people are prepared to pay for them...that will always be the case.

For reasons beyond my comprehension people still belive property is worth its current valuation - that needs to change before anything else!

One day people will wake up in a bubble....

Are they overpriced, or has your money been devalued?

What is happening right now is a classic manipulation of the economy by the banks. Its been going on since governments turned over responsibility of issuing money to private institutions.

Kind of, we are renting a lovely house, really happy with it, can afford it easily the kids are happy, I'm working part time, life is great - hubby wants to buy this house, he really doesn't get it does he :(

Edited by terrified

Well, after two years of wait and see, I am now at the point of being past caring, having run through every emotion in the book : Regret / Confusion / Frustration / Anger at myself / Anger at everyone else / Depression. Now I dont really give a damn anymore. Lets open another beer, and turn the music up 5,000 decibels.

If you turned up the level 5000dB you would upset more than the neighbours.

If your music amp ran at 1Watt and turned it up more than 5000dBs this would equate to 10^500 Watts

Which is probably zillions more power than that produced by all the stars in the universe.

Where did you get your speakers from?

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

Past caring...

Is the road to freedom, not oblivion

Agree! I love renting and investing my STM proceeds. Its a double whammy: huge returns on investments as house prices tumble around me (down 7% according to ODPM for my area).

Debt free is a nice place to be.

If you turned up the level 5000dB you would upset more than the neighbours.

If your music amp ran at 1Watt and turned it up more than 5000dBs this would equate to 10^500 Watts

Which is probably zillions more power than that produced by all the stars in the universe.

Where did you get your speakers from?

Disaster Area might have sold off their old rig.

Edited by Mushroom

it used to really upset me that house prices were out of my range, especially as i earn a decent amount of money but now i'm fine..i just save as much money as i can and wait! it's worth waiting in the long run.