House Price Crash Forum

Nhs Crisis Deepens As 800 Jobs Axed

HOLA441
HOLA442

"we have to consider what other measures we can take first, such as freezes on unnecessary recruitment"

You can't argue that the public sector does'nt have brilliance! In the face of a cash crisis the NHS is finally considering not recruiting for pointless jobs. Given the man (another) pay rise.

I can sleep well once again knowing that my taxes are well spent.

HOLA443

These upheavals in the NHS are actually a belated sign that the delayed and watered-down reforms are acutally having some effect. Good news, not bad, and what's more trivial in the face of the 1m employess and umpteen billions budget of the goliath.

All the people made 'redundant' (which in the end will be few or none) will in any case be absorbed by other parts of the voracious system.

HOLA444
HOLA445

These upheavals in the NHS are actually a belated sign that the delayed and watered-down reforms are acutally having some effect. Good news, not bad, and what's more trivial in the face of the 1m employess and umpteen billions budget of the goliath.

All the people made 'redundant' (which in the end will be few or none) will in any case be absorbed by other parts of the voracious system.

Some nice rakeoffs for employment agencies then?

HOLA446

Some nice rakeoffs for employment agencies then?

Absolutely. But that's a small price to pay for the increased flexibility and work ethic in the newly liberated staff freed from the restrictive practices, union-ridden attitudes and national agreements that imprison full-time NHS staff.

But it would be better if NHS management could do this themselves and cut the middle-men out.

Edited by BoredTrainBuilder

HOLA447
FFS, how many people do you need to employ on six-figure salaries to control finances in an organisation that's already bankrupt?

That's government logic for you: if the people who are already doing the jobs can't handle it, obviously the solution is to hire more people.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Absolutely. But that's a small price to pay for the increased flexibility and work ethic in the newly liberated staff freed from the restrictive practices, union-ridden attitudes and national agreements that imprison full-time NHS staff.

But it would be better if NHS management could do this themselves and cut the middle-men out.

"Sorry Mr. BTB, I can't cut out the agencies for the very reasons you quote. I therefore will have to employ a much larger Agency Liason Department.

(Might start an agency in my spouse's name too)".