House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sledgehead

How To Get Planning Permission

"[Prescott] Last night, he came under pressure to say whether his department had given contracts or grants to a consultancy firm run by Sarah Blissett Scott, one of his former lovers.

Oliver Heald, the shadow constitutional affairs secretary, tabled questions after it emerged that Miss Blissett Scott runs a successful regeneration company in Stevenage, Herts.

Her company is understood to be involved in plans to build about 3,600 houses in the town as part of Mr Prescott's blueprint for hundreds of thousands of new homes across the South East. " - Telegraph, 05/05/06

Private matter? My @rse. "I'm Too Sexy, Right Said John" strikes again.

I'm too sexy fro the Blairs,

My @rse takes up two chairs,

I take babes on in pairrrrrzzzzzz.

[chorus]

I'm an MP.

You know what I mean

My ears are deaf to all but you cat calls...

Edited by Sledgehead

I dont care for stories about sleeze or people having affairs, that happens in real life all the time :)

And I really doubt he would be stupid enough to offer politcal favors to girlfriends.

What a surprise! Planning is a highly centralised system, as such it's ripe for corruption, as we saw in the "cash for peerages" business, Prescott overturned numerious appeals and gave the go ahead for tower blocks, countless homes, even the biggest shopping center in Europe, coincidentally the developers had made 'donations' to the Labour party, a mere £3.3 million quid.

Would I be surprised to hear of brown envelopes changing hands? Absolutely not, however the whole system of planning is boring so nobody really cares about this stuff, even if it involves blatant corruption. The dryness of the subject is another reason why a handful of Volkish nutters from the countryside have a veto on all development in this country.

However, the outcome is obvious, when a country cannot house its people there are nasty results, as we're seeing today in various areas.

I dont care for stories about sleeze or people having affairs, that happens in real life all the time :)

Quite, I don't care for his tarts either, they're a distraction... follow the money!

And I really doubt he would be stupid enough to offer politcal favors to girlfriends.

Did you enjoy the trip over on the banana boat? :wacko:

I don't know about that, remember David Blunkett’s first resignation after speeding up his ex-lover's Filipina nanny’s residence visa application? No reason to think 2 shags wouldn’t be just as stupid

Who said anything about favours? The word is blackmail.

By the way, I'm curious as to what sort of person thinks that people are more tempted by sex than wealth.

Do you mind if I ask what age you are? Flush of youth, or looking to security? I find the trick to understanding situtaions is imagining yourself to be the other person - ie empathy. Quite distinct from sympathy.

Edited by Sledgehead

"[Prescott] Last night, he came under pressure to say whether his department had given contracts or grants to a consultancy firm run by Sarah Blissett Scott, one of his former lovers.

Oliver Heald, the shadow constitutional affairs secretary, tabled questions after it emerged that Miss Blissett Scott runs a successful regeneration company in Stevenage, Herts.

If this turns out to be true, then she is basically a prostitute!

What a sleazy bunch, are we meant to look up to and respect such people? I wouldn't even wipe my feet on them.

John Prescott has 'lost his portfolio' to Ruth Kelly

Eeuww! - Ruth Kelly! - not another notch on Prescott's bedpost? -

Looks like Party Sausage Prescott may be stripped of his powers

"And air stewardess Helga Forde, 33, told The Sun Prescott made her skin crawl as he ogled her breasts and said “lovely pair” when she served him fruit on a transatlantic flight. "

Fat, rude, small in all the wrong departments and cliched. Is there any start to his talents?

______

Caveat : please remember that whilst this is an amusing story it does originate from the pages of The Sun

Edited by Sledgehead

Fat, rude, small in all the wrong departments and cliched. Is there any start to his talents?

Subject to violent outbursts? The Home Secretary, or whomever is doing the job this week, should consider taking out a control order.