House Price Crash Forum
Randall Herbert

Ha Ha! Big Ears Is Gone!

When he came in it looked as though anyone would be better than Blunkett, but he turned out to be a very malignant eroder of English libertarian values. In a very short time he presided over a number of lamentable pieces of legislation: id cards (Labour's Poll Tax) and control orders, to name but two.

GOOD RIDDANCE.

Guest Guy_Montag

When he came in it looked as though anyone would be better than Blunkett, but he turned out to be a very malignant eroder of English libertarian values. In a very short time he presided over a number of lamentable pieces of legislation: id cards (Labour's Poll Tax) and control orders, to name but two.

GOOD RIDDANCE.

Do you think he had any choice about these things? These are Tony's policies & whoever he gives the Home Office to, will continue with them. Most policies are Tony's; it's just the froth round the edges that the incumbant can change.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for Big-Ears, after all he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could have been Blunkett or Straw that caught this live grenade. There obviously needs to be a complete overhaul of the Home Office (& the rest of the civil service) but that's a different story.

Do you think he had any choice about these things? These are Tony's policies & whoever he gives the Home Office to, will continue with them. Most policies are Tony's; it's just the froth round the edges that the incumbant can change.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for Big-Ears, after all he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could have been Blunkett or Straw that caught this live grenade. There obviously needs to be a complete overhaul of the Home Office (& the rest of the civil service) but that's a different story.

Sorry no sympathy whatsoever for any of the NU LAbour Scum.

they will destroy Britain yet...

I am amazed that John Prescott is still hanging in there, as a person that once had a lot of time for Prescott i now seem him as one big fat useless joke, the man serves no purpose at all, the only reason i can see why he is still there is because he has something on Blair.

Sam

I am amazed that John Prescott is still hanging in there, as a person that once had a lot of time for Prescott i now seem him as one big fat useless joke, the man serves no purpose at all, the only reason i can see why he is still there is because he has something on Blair.

Sam

Or that it is believed he will keep "Old Labour" working class males on board.

"Well even in these PC days old Johnny still puts it about a bit. Lucky so and so".

Tacit approval of his behaviour from TB, that oh so religious man.

Sam

But I gather he is losing his department - the ODPM is going! But where? And will it do anything useful?

Why the demotion for Jack Straw?

I'm surprised about that one as well. Seems to me he's one of the very few competent performers they have.

Sam

According to the BBC, he does in a way. If he's sacked it'll trigger a leadership election (not sure if this means Blair gets sucked in as well). Anyone up to speed with Labour election procedures?

Or that it is believed he will keep "Old Labour" working class males on board.

"Well even in these PC days old Johnny still puts it about a bit. Lucky so and so".

Tacit approval of his behaviour from TB, that oh so religious man.

basically, he'd punch Tony's lights out if he tried to sack him. The most basic laws of the playground still apply even in the higher echelons of the adminisphere

I'm surprised about that one as well. Seems to me he's one of the very few competent performers they have.

although JS does reek to me of someone who, if the Germans had successfully invaded in 1940, would have been knocking on the door of the victorious general's office, enquiring if he could possibly be of any assistance.

I came close to commencing an action in the Divisional Court following his refusal to obey two recent decisions in the House of Lords concerning spousal rights to remain in the UK. Unbelieveable lawlessness by the HO who are supposed to be upholding the law!

basically, he'd punch Tony's lights out if he tried to sack him. The most basic laws of the playground still apply even in the higher echelons of the adminisphere

although JS does reek to me of someone who, if the Germans had successfully invaded in 1940, would have been knocking on the door of the victorious general's office, enquiring if he could possibly be of any assistance.

Excellent :D:D:D especially the JS bit.

:lol::lol:

I expect youd like to shake his hand

Why the demotion for Jack Straw?

Probably the reason why.... :ph34r:

Guest Riser

Just mentioned on C4 that Ruth Kelly has gone, I wonder if her replacement will have such a deep voice.

Just mentioned on C4 that Ruth Kelly has gone, I wonder if her replacement will have such a deep voice.

I don't think James Earl Jones is available.