House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Home Again

BBC1 8.30 tonight new sitcom about a married couple who can't afford a place of their own and are living at mum & dad's, very bloody funny I'm sure. Still, could be a cue for some well placed comments about how expensive housing is, if the BBC allow it, though the whole concept is a touch bearish.

'Starring' Samantha Janus.

Edited by Badger

BBC1 8.30 tonight new sitcom about a married couple who can't afford a place of their own and are living at mum & dad's, very bloody funny I'm sure. Still, could be a cue for some well placed comments about how expensive housing is, if the BBC allow it, though the whole concept is a touch bearish.

'Starring' Samantha Janus.

Bump!

Watched it .. don't think it'll be on for long ... seems to hit too many political issues.

But will say it might survive as many parents have been in the same situation as mine - it was very true to fact for some.

My Mum and Dad have had all five kids back at some time.

Me when I got made redundant for the third time and decided it was better to move back home before moving yet again for a job I didn't yet have (40s!!! scarey), having been in the same situation twice before.

Bro when wife got pregnant and despite being an EA - sold his one bed cluster home prior to buying family home - and refused to rent in between - a year later they left.

Other bros - in between travelling and living abroad - returned for periods up to 1 year.

Like the programme - parents had said - no matter what - you have somewhere to come home to.

How many, like my parents, said it to sprogs when they were under 20 - but little realised they'd be back in their 30s and 40s!

Ironically, we were encouraged to leave home asap - I was virtually chucked out at aged 18 - it was a big thing - we don't want you here after 18 - live your own life.

When I was at Uni they moved - but I never knew they'd moved for months - until I said I was coming home to visit - and then discovered a new address!

Don't know how the bros managed to last so long - I could only do 6 weeks - and I was working in a temp job whilst looking for a perm job elsewhere.

Be really interesting to find out how many others on this site know of others or know first hand - kids returning home.

I also know work colleagues who are late 30s still living at home!

Any more out there - or am I the only one with a family portrayed on TV?

I also know work colleagues who are late 30s still living at home!

Any more out there - or am I the only one with a family portrayed on TV?

I stayed with my parents and my eldest brother for six months in total when I was 28. I had my sister live (literally) on my couch when she was about the same age.

To be honest, if when I'm older if my son or stepdaughters wanted to live in our house for a bit, I imagine I'd be very happy for it to happen. Assuming that I do get my own house at some time, which I expect will happen.

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

I'm 45 and back at my mum's place. Sold my house primarily to go travelling. But since finding this site haven't been in a rush to rebuy.

But I am getting seriously fat on Mum's cooking.

I'm 45 and back at my mum's place. Sold my house primarily to go travelling. But since finding this site haven't been in a rush to rebuy.

But I am getting seriously fat on Mum's cooking.

Does your Mum treat you as an equal adult these days?

Edit: This is a serious straightforward question. I've heard many times about parents never quite treating you like an adult, but always treating you in some way like a child no matter what the age.

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

Does your Mum treat you as an equal adult these days?

Billy Shears

Up to a point.

But she's still my mum. I'm still her son. And it's her house.

Up to a point.

But she's still my mum. I'm still her son. And it's her house.

so you can't bring birds (robins even :lol: !) back

Edited by Michael

An interesting artifact of our times, although not particularly accurate. He was effectively jobless and she worked in an office...in london and they only had a problem affording a house they liked

Would have been more accurate if they both had good jobs and couldn't afford anything, anywhere.

Woefully unfunny, l'll give it a run of 6-8 episodes before the axeman cometh. Mind you it may zombie on like My Family. Is that the same house in both sitcoms??