House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Foreign Buyers

I saw something that there are lots of middle eastern folks buying UK property - only investors that far away are likely to think it remains a good bet.

So: 1 - is it true that buyers from overseas are keeping house prices high (and, probably, rising)? If not, who is?

And: 2 - how can we tell them to stop?

I saw something that there are lots of middle eastern folks buying UK property - only investors that far away are likely to think it remains a good bet.

So: 1 - is it true that buyers from overseas are keeping house prices high (and, probably, rising)? If not, who is?

Vote for the BNP. Then invade Europe!!

Guest Guy_Montag

Vote for the BNP. Then invade Europe!!

I could do with some Lebensraum.

Money Laundering from east of the Urals mun....

The British have been buying up properties in their countries, making houses unaffordable to most locals.. maybe they are making an ill-fated attempt to get their own back!

British landlords are buying properties for immigrant workers to rent out while they are here.

They target areas they think the work for immigrants will be and they try to buy BMV from desparate sellers.

Have you seen the adverts in the local papers that go

We buy houses for cash

Repossessions stopped

Sell your home for cash - move out fast or rent back

Thats them, they have to buy BMV because thats the only way to get the yields nowadays.

Sometimes it is the employment agencies that buy the properties to let out to the workers, sometimes

immigrants themselves that have been here a while and sussed out the racket.

But lots of people in the UK are buying property in Dubai - so how does that work?

I read it was 40% of all property in london. Russians mainly putting their funds beyond the reach of a government that is likely to fit you up and confiscate your wealth. (well ok into a country that does it through taxation but what the hey..:) )

Edited by DabHand