House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Guy_Montag

I Like Ttrtr

Guest Guy_Montag

I always think some people are rather immature in their attitudes towards TTRTR. He adds a lot to this forum:

1) He has put his money where his mouth is. He invested & continues to invest in property. Good for him, I hope it works out for him.

2) He seems a reasonable landlord, he apparently treats his tennants well.

3) He frequently makes intelligent points, and argues well against those who make stupid or unverifiable points.

4) He stops us getting too caught up in our own spin. It's very easy in forums, where you are surrounded by like minded people, be come to the conclusion you are right. We need people who can argue intelligently that we are wrong.

So thanks TTRTR, you do a good job on here, I just hope you have the means to keep your btls during the crash.

Some days I agree, some days I don't. I think his worst fault is belligerence, which sometimes leads him to unreasonable aggression. On the other hand what bull would still be here if they weren't pretty belligerent and didn't enjoy an argument. Plenty have been and gone, and who can blame them. The guy gets constant abuse but stays to argue and the forum would be fairly worthless if no one ever put the opposing point of view. It's easy to personalise the whole HPC thing, and I do think that in general the new wave of landlords have been responsible for pushing prices out of the reach of many FTBs. but to take that all out on TTRTR is a bit of a waste of energy. Sometimes we'd be better off listening and arguing properly rather than descending into mindless slagging.

I'd give him plenty of credit if only for his recent Homeless Speaks thread.

Oh go on, can't anyone else think of anything nice to say?

We'd be so bored without him here...

I wish him every success with his latest Greece based date import/export business. I am sure that once the business is off the ground he will be able to man up and get sufficient other date packers behind him and aboard to assist him in his date packing quest. :D

Seems like an ok bloke. A bit blinkered and smug at times but then so are a number of people in the opposite camp. I guess he might annoy me if I was a bear.

Seems like ‘ol TTRTR is getting a bit of a fan club. Come on T3R2 lets see some signed pics. If not, how about one of that Ayres Rock of a wallet of yours. You could use one of those panoramic cameras. We poor bears on dial up wouldn’t mind paying the extra download cost.

He's right enough, he's durable, and bears can test their arguments on him. OK, he has a different view on the market to the majority on this board. Indeed I would liken him to being the Embassador of the majority view in the country. So come on T3R2 [ I like that] lets be aving a crate full of Ferrero Rocher you tight bugger ;)

If you want to be smarter tomorrow than yesterday, listen intently to the arguments of people with whom you disagree.

I don’t like what he represents but without him HPC wouldn’t be the same. :P

We all love you TTRTR, but we might not always agree with you.

You loveable rogue. :)

In investing, one man's mistake is another man's gain.*

Many here will come to love TTRTR.

*pity about the debt bubble which complicates this ever so slightly.