House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
roblpm

Short Sterling Down Again

http://www.futuresource.com/quotes/quotes.jsp?s=LSS

I always look at the December 06 on for no really good reason, never seen it under 95 before.

And this graph:

http://www.futuresource.com/charts/charts.jsp?s=LSSZ06 shows a .75% change from September.

And before anyone starts I do understand that the nearer we get to it the less risk there is etc etc etc.

My point is that the 2% from the Halifax today is good news for bears really as it brings the interest rate rise closer and quicker.

Hopefully this will be the trigger (though I am sure I will be accused of clutching at straws!!)

As I discussed elsewhere as well maybe it doesn't matter what the BoE do as if all fixed rate mortgages go up due to the markets that should have an effect anyway.

As I discussed elsewhere as well maybe it doesn't matter what the BoE do as if all fixed rate mortgages go up due to the markets that should have an effect anyway.

Personally I think that the news headlines of a hike in the headline rate has more psychological effect.