House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Broadband The Competition Hots Up

Guest Charlie The Tramp

BT has emailed informing me that my Broadband Connection is be upgraded from 2.2MB to 8MB at no extra cost. Now that`s very handy for video streaming. :D

BT has emailed informing me that my Broadband Connection is be upgraded from 2.2MB to 8MB at no extra cost. Now that`s very handy for video streaming. :D

See if you can actually get 8 Mb though :) my local exchange can only handle 2 Mb, so no matter what package i sign up to (within reason) 2 Mb is all i can get better than that ol 28.8K used to kick out though

Been on 8mb for a while now. You can stream all the movies from apple in HI-RES no problems. :)

I get download speed of 790K average also.

BT's 8mb however I believe you may get between 4 and 6mb depending on your locale.

TB

Guest Charlie The Tramp

See if you can actually get 8 Mb though :) my local exchange can only handle 2 Mb, so no matter what package i sign up to (within reason) 2 Mb is all i can get better than that ol 28.8K used to kick out though

Yep, my local exchange can handle it. Just got to replace my ADSL modem with a router at a discount price so BT inform me. B)