House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brainclamp

Voting For Debate

It surprises many people that real issues, facing many people - Houseprices, the falling birthrate etc... are only ever seen as 'good news' in the press.

Thats is because there is millions and millions of pounds donated to poltical parties by business interests, that sets the poltical debate, by 'spinning' (plain old fashioned deceit to you and me). So stories tend only to be presented one way.

Due to these business donors, all three parties have the same policies, and there is no difference other than personalities. We have the poltiics of 'Trust me - I'm such a nice guy', with no discussions needed.

Of course the deceit affects everything - for example - the inflation measure is such a device of deceit and spin. The average earner, is seeing great inflation, just factoring in the rising costs of utility bills alone (which are up over 14%). Education 90% pass rates are another.

The real agenda - ever rising houseprices, mass immigration, ID cards, the population is set to reach 70m inside a decade with no debate etc.. has been set by big business and doesn't need debate.

The agenda, headlines and the media are controlled by spin.

The spin is : Debate of Mass immigration = Nazis, deathcamps, rasism and evil.

The spin is : ID cards are needed for terrorism, benefit cheats etc..

The spin is : Okay, we have been selling off democracy to the highest bidder, now you should cough up instead.

The funding of poltical parties from taxes is the next step to snuff out democracy even at a local level. The plan is to only give millions in funds to parties with MPs. This will ensure that no oppositon party can penetrate as far as the mainstream parties.

I have seen many posts on poster campaigns in the pinned section... and even talk of a HPC party. Efforts like this are fruitless in the face of such tightnit media control.

Vote against spin and vote for democracy tomorrow.

The best way to vote for democracy, is to vote against the mainstream parties, ending the hijacking of politics, by voting for a non-mainstream party.

This will also help set the poltical agenda by making sure that these issues are debated as support is eroded from the mainstream parties.

It surprises many people that real issues, facing many people - Houseprices, the falling birthrate etc... are only ever seen as 'good news' in the press.

Thats is because there is millions and millions of pounds donated to poltical parties by business interests, that sets the poltical debate, by 'spinning' (plain old fashioned deceit to you and me). So stories tend only to be presented one way.

Due to these business donors, all three parties have the same policies, and there is no difference other than personalities. We have the poltiics of 'Trust me - I'm such a nice guy', with no discussions needed.

Of course the deceit affects everything - for example - the inflation measure is such a device of deceit and spin. The average earner, is seeing great inflation, just factoring in the rising costs of utility bills alone (which are up over 14%). Education 90% pass rates are another.

The real agenda - ever rising houseprices, mass immigration, ID cards, the population is set to reach 70m inside a decade with no debate etc.. has been set by big business and doesn't need debate.

The funding of poltical parties from taxes is the next step to snuff out democracy even at a local level. The plan is to only give millions in funds to parties with MPs. This will ensure that no oppositon party can penetrate as far as the mainstream parties.

I have seen many posts on poster campaigns in the pinned section...

The best way to vote is to vote against the mainstream parties, thier ending of all debate, by voting for a non-mainstream party. This will also help set the poltical agenda by making sure that issues are debated as support is eroded from the mainstream parties.

You are a desperate BNP activist.

frugalista

I have seen many posts on poster campaigns in the pinned section...

The best way to vote is to vote against the mainstream parties, thier ending of all debate, by voting for a non-mainstream party. This will also help set the poltical agenda by making sure that issues are debated as support is eroded from the mainstream parties.

voted for the greens - only alternative in my area

I have seen many posts on poster campaigns in the pinned section... and even talk of a HPC party. Efforts like this are fruitless in the face of such tightnit media control.

BNP?

You do have a point

maybe vote for common sense

Everyone just accepts 70m within a matter of years and 90m in under 15years? Hasnt anyone looked at the consequences? how it will effect them or their children. What about the environment!!! thats had it. Blairs figures are impossible

What do the greens say about domestic population growth?

You are a desperate BNP activist.

frugalista

I am voting for what I, and 76% of the electorate believe matters. I would like to vote anti-immigration. That does not make me racist or engaged in the poltics of hate or other spin etc... I am using my vote in the best way possible to represent this seroius issue which is not even a choice in many places!

The fact remains that even if you don't believe this matters, there is no real poltical choice in the mainstream parties. The agenda is set by big business everywhere it matters. All the mainstream parties would be bankrupt to the tune of millions if they didn't sell democracy to corrupt businessmen.

These elections are a chance to change the tide.

BNP?

I have read the BNP blurbs & quite a lot of it is actually 'bloke on the street' views, even if a little naive.

A few issues still need addressing & I don't believe they have the technical expertise yet to govern a country, but a few tweaks & turns & they may well be there.

Does anybody else remember how New Labour morphed into the Tory party, ditching most of their policies on the way till they were singing from the same song sheet just with a different figurehead who appealed better to the public eye, then let the festering sores begin to seep.

I'm not sure if it is better for BNP to evolve thus or better for Labour or Tory to adopt some common sense views before it is too late.

I have read the BNP blurbs & quite a lot of it is actually 'bloke on the street' views, even if a little naive.

A few issues still need addressing & I don't believe they have the technical expertise yet to govern a country, but a few tweaks & turns & they may well be there.

Does anybody else remember how New Labour morphed into the Tory party, ditching most of their policies on the way till they were singing from the same song sheet just with a different figurehead who appealed better to the public eye, then let the festering sores begin to seep.

I'm not sure if it is better for BNP to evolve thus or better for Labour or Tory to adopt some common sense views before it is too late.

Or even a new party UKIP? Only choice here is lab, tory, lib, and greens

Or even a new party UKIP? Only choice here is lab, tory, lib, and greens

Its a bit of a appalling choice, but I guess a vote for a green will encorage more parties to field candiates next time.

I've recently discovered media lens and read their excellent book. They systematically challenge stories in the "liberal" media. You may, like me, find it interesting (and productive). BTW I have no vested interest in them :)

http://www.medialens.org/

The book was first class too,

http://www.medialens.org/bookshop/guardians_of_power.php

gaz.

I will check medialens out, thanks.

I have long supported the notion that BBC is only allowed to run without requiring advertising revenue as a media outlet that can be manipulated.

Its a bit of a appalling choice, but I guess a vote for a green will encorage more parties to field candiates next time.

Oh, of course there are other parties, product of media manipulation, me!

What actually happened to UKIP, never heard much from them.

I am voting for what I, and 76% of the electorate believe matters. I would like to vote anti-immigration. That does not make me racist or engaged in the poltics of hate or other spin etc... I am using my vote in the best way possible to represent this seroius issue which is not even a choice in many places!

The fact remains that even if you don't believe this matters, there is no real poltical choice in the mainstream parties. The agenda is set by big business everywhere it matters. All the mainstream parties would be bankrupt to the tune of millions if they didn't sell democracy to corrupt businessmen.

These elections are a chance to change the tide.

Let me clarify: You are not interested in house prices. You are a desparate BNP activist using this website as a party political platform.

frugalista

I wouldn't vote BNP.

However, I do see it as rather un-democratic that people start howling the second they start getting votes, or at least canvas for them. Democracy is based on people voting for whomever they wish, without pressure or influence.

Remember when Le Pen did well in France in some byelection? Oh, how the do-gooders howled. But why do you think thousands voted for him? Deep discontent, that needs to be addressed by the mainstream parties. That will not happen while people feel they cannot freely express their views. Things will steadily get worse, and before you know it, the BNP will be seen as rather mainstream.

There are a few too many people who are more than happy to decry the BNP and it's supporters, as long as their comfy little patch of leafy suburbia stays 'pleasant' and 'middle-class'. And we all know what that means. They would be the first to put 'white' into 'flight'.

I'm rambling. Sorry.

I do hope the Greens do rather well, but more than that I hope the big 2 realise that after tomorrow their monopoly on power is well and truly over. I can but hope.

....can I just add that the Greens want to levy a huge land tax on big landowners? Result!

As a bike rider than a car driver I wouldn't mind seeing all the fatties taxed out of their metal boxes too!

(in no way am I fishing for a fight with the Clarksons on the forum :lol::lol: )

....can I just add that the Greens want to levy a huge land tax on big landowners? Result!

It's rather tokenistic, don't get me wrong, however adding increased status to a great lump of metal comes right down my list when it comes to addressing the problems in this country.

I like that avatar, there's lots of nice birds like that at Oktoberfest.

As a bike rider than a car driver I wouldn't mind seeing all the fatties taxed out of their metal boxes too!

We can dream. Maybe then I would not have to buy stupidly expensive anti pollution masks for cycling to work.

And why can people not see that the 'common sense' stuff the BNP talks is just poisoned bait. They are bloody dodgy. They would hang me for having a spiff. bastards

Understand, only people who are interested in winners or losers really matter. People want decision. The saddoes who want Lib Dems need to decide where they really sit. Much of the crap spouted about Thatch (which IMO benefited this country long term in the 90s and beyond) is far less objectionable and less public spirited and more democratic than what Blair AND BROWN (he is equally to blame for all ills) have done.

New tories need a chance. I ask you can it get worse? Lib Dems to win some councils where Lab voters cannnot bear the total change. But wait until you see the results. Tories power ahead in London and SE and some of regions.

Reality.

We are in a massive period of flux. I saw B&B on tv today campaiging. Painful and fake. Noone believes either of them and they don't realise it.

Forget petty "party" issues. Change is necessary and coming. Do not believe that this is a vote against "Blair" - it is disaffection against the NuLab machine incl Brown.

I live in Wandsworth,, lowest council tax in country (despite Ken's hikes for mayoral boll*x) and highest rated council performance. It is a borough with huge ethinic diversity, differential incomes, backgrounds and approach - but all want low crime, good schools, good refuse collection, no nonsense. Those things are apolitical. Only tories have delivered this. Labour always promise things and fail to deliver but the burden always falls on the people they claim to represent - the working man. That once resulted in wholsesale movement to tories nationally - it wil happen again over the next few years.

We are coming back full circle where people realise party politics is not a proxy for decent local administration. That in turn will feed into the mainstream vote in general elections.

I take odds on a Labour defeat in 2009.

Night.

Yes please remind me about the connection between keeping jobs for british workers and death camps

the left-wing think they can win any argument by playing the race card as they have little else to fall back on.

i will be voting today to keep british jobs for british people and to eat bacon butties seven days a week, when i like and where i like.

Understand, only people who are interested in winners or losers really matter. People want decision. The saddoes who want Lib Dems need to decide where they really sit.

eh....to the left of the other two parties? It's voters who "chose between" Nu Lab and Nu Tories who have a problem knowing where they sit, as both parties (parliamentry parties at least) form a continuous spectrum, with no ideological gap between them. Cameron had to spend his entire broadcast punting his green credentials as his bread and butter policies would have been indistinguishable from Blairs!

New tories need a chance. I ask you can it get worse?
Probably not. My question is "can it get any different, exchanging one centre right monterist party for another centre right monterist party?"
I saw B&B on tv today campaiging. Painful and fake. Noone believes either of them and they don't realise it.
Incredibly fake! But if you find Davy Cameron climbing glaciers and riding his mountain bike convincing...

Genuine question. I'm single, bang on the average salary and in good health. What enormous difference would I notice in my life 1 year after the Tories got in?

You want to know about democracy then tell me why my post only lasted 5 minuets before it was moved despite it being very relevant to house prices and today people have a chance to change things. Lot’s of people were reading it and the mod is bang out of order this time and i want it put back where it was.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=29263

I take odds on a Labour defeat in 2009.

Are any bookies taking long shots yet? The bookies might take a punt on it to get a bit of publicity.

there is no way i would vote bnp. not even as a protest. who needs a bunch of bullies.

that said. an anti immigration stance would be welcomed. we need to stop housing the world.

most bnp voters are protest voters........firing a warning shot across the bows of the main parties is their motivation......This worked in Denmark where to quell the rise of the far right the main parties adopted immigration policies far more right wing than anywhere else in Europe.....

It's true that you can't debate immigration seriously without its proponents mentioning Hitler and the death camps.