House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aclwalker

Fined For Throwing A Wotsit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bu...rts/4968534.stm

If only muggings, thefts and vandalism were so zeaolously investigated.

It's the usual policing of the law-abiding, because there's money to be made. Take note those who see no problem with ID cards, this sort of trivia will be enforced daily if you forget to administer your life correctly.

Soon there will be nobody left who has anything but utter contempt for authority.

Guest Winners and Losers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bu...rts/4968534.stm

If only muggings, thefts and vandalism were so zeaolously investigated.

It's the usual policing of the law-abiding, because there's money to be made. Take note those who see no problem with ID cards, this sort of trivia will be enforced daily if you forget to administer your life correctly.

Soon there will be nobody left who has anything but utter contempt for authority.

In Australia its not the authority you have to watch out for, its the general bloody public. If you ash your cirgarette out of your car window you will get people telling you off. If you dare to throw a cigarette butt out you will get the general public chasing after you (road rage style) to lecture you about the dangers of fire. Its all part of the 'Keep Australia Beautiful' brainwashing campaign. Not that I necessarily disagree with it though. Australian cities are very clean.

Could she not find a bin ffs?

Oh I agree, throwing away fag butts is disgusting, but it was a Wotsit, a food item (just) that will disintegrate and disappear very quickly.

She shouldn't have thrown it away, and she wouldn't have been fined had she not done it, but it's the willingness to prosecute such relative trivia when there's far more serious crime that's given up on because of 'lack of evidence'. Yeah right, lack of money at the end of it all more like.

What will be next, fines for sneezing without covering your mouth. Custodial sentences for picking your nose and flicking it on the ground? Perhaps a tax on farting?

Guest Winners and Losers

Oh I agree, throwing away fag butts is disgusting, but it was a Wotsit, a food item (just) that will disintegrate and disappear very quickly.

She shouldn't have thrown it away, and she wouldn't have been fined had she not done it, but it's the willingness to prosecute such relative trivia when there's far more serious crime that's given up on because of 'lack of evidence'. Yeah right, lack of money at the end of it all more like.

What will be next, fines for sneezing without covering your mouth. Custodial sentences for picking your nose and flicking it on the ground? Perhaps a tax on farting?

:lol::lol:;)

I find this interesting. I regularly throw banana skins in various wooded areas.

I see this as being entirely different from littering as the banana skin breaks down in a very short space of time and provides nutrients for the flora.

I am careful to discard where nobody walks and where it wouldn't be unsightly.

Would this be regarded as littering? In my book it's not.

What was this woman thinking anyway. When she was challenged she should have claimed she panicked as she thought it was a bee that had landed on her.

NDL

Guest Winners and Losers

I find this interesting. I regularly throw banana skins in various wooded areas.

I see this as being entirely different from littering as the banana skin breaks down in a very short space of time and provides nutrients for the flora.

I am careful to discard where nobody walks and where it wouldn't be unsightly.

Would this be regarded as littering? In my book it's not.

What was this woman thinking anyway. When she was challenged she should have claimed she panicked as she thought it was a bee that had landed on her.

NDL

:lol:

No, banana skins is organic littering.

I find people who drop litter particularly disgusting as I have said before.

And by the way if you think cases against obnoxious smells will never happen it is apparently already happening in America with lawyers looking into people who have alergic reactions to other peoples scents. Think smoking ban but a bit more extreme. :ph34r:

And by the way if you think cases against obnoxious smells will never happen it is apparently already happening in America with lawyers looking into people who have alergic reactions to other peoples scents. Think smoking ban but a bit more extreme. :ph34r:

I too hate littering. I wonder what people are thinking (they're obviously not) when they throw something down knowing that somebody will have to pick up after them. I mean, just who do they think they are??

To me it shows a complete lack of respect for the area/community/country they live in and everyone that lives in it.

However, I walk past areas every day that have been fouled by the same pieces of litter for litteraly (do you like what I did there?) months. Why isn't this cleaned up? Just because some clarty buggers make a mess doesn't mean it shouldn't be cleaned up pronto. It has been proven that people are much less likely to litter a clean area than they are an already littered area.

I don't know what the answer is unfortunately.

NDL

Guest Winners and Losers

We are not allowed to wear perfume at work.