House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

That Great Scene In Aliens With The Clever Machine Guns

No, it might have had the suspense and shock factor, but for a thrills and Alien-inspired spills James Cameron's "Aliens" remains unbeatable.

Now the scene I refer to is a great bit in the 1986 follow up to "Alien". In this sequel, we see another aspect of the "xenomorph's" make-up - its herd psychology.

The aliens pile down one tunnel, hoping to overwhelm the hard-as-nails AI machine guns Hicks, Ripley et al. have set up at the other end.

The machine guns are hissing. The "ammo remaining" counter is running lower and lower. The remaining non-host humans are left wondering whether they're about to face their Alamo. Should they run?

No. Eventually the aliens stop their attack. Even though the ammo is nearly all gone, there is a limit to the carnage they can allow their side to stomach.

Ladies and gentlemen, I put it to you that there are limits to people's property insanity. And we are fast approaching them.

Hold your nerve, and if necessary keep your pulse rifle with underloading grenade launcher to hand. ;)

Oh indeed Rich. And with the notable exception of the lovely Ripley and Newt, tell me again who actually won in the end?

The Aliens lived on to have a twit at Predator if I’m not mistaken? The Colonial Marines on the other hand, got an unmarked grave.

Oh indeed Rich. And with the notable exception of the lovely Ripley and Newt, tell me again who actually won in the end?

The Aliens lived on to have a twit at Predator if I’m not mistaken? The Colonial Marines on the other hand, got an unmarked grave.

That's called overstretching the analogy!

I agree with RichM--the herd are stretched to their psychological limits. The VIs are pumping out old HPI news rapidly and the thread I just posted on CH4 sums up the desperation--they are trying to psych the market into buying. :lol:

Sorry Bear; I’m still mentally back at Ripley….wow, what a woman.

Lets not forget Vasquez. Any lady that can match me at pull ups is DEFINITELY worth a second glance. ;)

No, it might have had the suspense and shock factor, but for a thrills and Alien-inspired spills James Cameron's "Aliens" remains unbeatable.

Now the scene I refer to is a great bit in the 1986 follow up to "Alien". In this sequel, we see another aspect of the "xenomorph's" make-up - its herd psychology.

The aliens pile down one tunnel, hoping to overwhelm the hard-as-nails AI machine guns Hicks, Ripley et al. have set up at the other end.

The machine guns are hissing. The "ammo remaining" counter is running lower and lower. The remaining non-host humans are left wondering whether they're about to face their Alamo. Should they run?

No. Eventually the aliens stop their attack. Even though the ammo is nearly all gone, there is a limit to the carnage they can allow their side to stomach.

Ladies and gentlemen, I put it to you that there are limits to people's property insanity. And we are fast approaching them.

Hold your nerve, and if necessary keep your pulse rifle with underloading grenade launcher to hand. ;)

I do sense a level of "blood lust" on this forum of late. People who have held out for so long (including myself) are mentally feeding off the bad news... you can feel it. Whereas I think even just a few weeks ago, sentiment on here was being questioned - last bear turned bull and so on... now I really do think we're on the downward slope never to return. Nothing can stop this now, and people on here know it whole heartedly.

I do sense a level of "blood lust" on this forum of late.

"I say we nuke the VIs from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." :).

"I say we nuke the VIs from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." :).

:lol::lol::lol:

"At least they don't screw eachother over for a damn percentage"

Nice try but:

Noone survives...

Newt dies in the space capsule they escape from. (see Alien 3)

Ripley finds herself impregnated with an Alien (Alien 3) and has to kill herself.

Bishop is a mangled piece of junk

The trooper has his life support aborted by the onboard (evil) computer.

Ultimately the Aliens win...

Nice try but:

Noone survives...

Newt dies in the space capsule they escape from. (see Alien 3)

Ripley finds herself impregnated with an Alien (Alien 3) and has to kill herself.

Bishop is a mangled piece of junk

The trooper has his life support aborted by the onboard (evil) computer.

Ultimately the Aliens win...

Ripley comes back as half alien half human.

What does this mean?

Sorry Bear; I’m still mentally back at Ripley….wow, what a woman.

Lets not forget Vasquez. Any lady that can match me at pull ups is DEFINITELY worth a second glance. ;)

Grunt: "Hey Vasquez!, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

Vasquez:"No, have you?"

:lol:

Just got aliens quadrilogy on dvd, excellent series, but with alien 3 onwards it kinda looses the plot. Aliens 1&2 best films ever in their genre

B)

She doesnt so much come back as she is a clone of her original self.

btu she can remember stuff from before. sort of.

I think you're taking the metaphor too far. And yes, actually we're the aliens. The smart ones who don't die.

I think.

She doesnt so much come back as she is a clone of her original self.

But what does it mean?!?! Surely all of lifes secrets can be worked out from a series of B movies?

That is THE abolsute dog's gonads. Amazing. I must have one. I'll never buy a house at this rate!

Nice one Durch

:D only £16.99 at Amazon inc. delivery Edit - corrected link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/det...4815325-0851651

There's are some excellent sentry guns that you can move about in the genius vid game HalfLife 2

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

btu she can remember stuff from before. sort of.

I think you're taking the metaphor too far. And yes, actually we're the aliens. The smart ones who don't die.

I think.

BINGO.

We are the Aliens.

Some will get slaughtered, charging into the automated VI sentry-turrets as they spew out their spin. But we are an intelligent species and we learn by our brethren's misfortune.

We regroup, we look for the angle and before you know it we are bursting through the ceiling tearing EAs a new arsehole.

Here's a bit of 'Aliens' B-movie wisdom as put forth by our resident bulls:

Hudson: Oh dear Lord Jesus, this ain't happening, man... This can't be happening, man! This isn't happening!

Vasquez: "Lets ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK"

Finds its equivalent in housing terms with the suckers rally that precedes a crash. People emptying their savings into property but once they run out of ammo they are doooomed.

Guest Bart of Darkness

One I'll be saving for when things get bad for the bulls.

You maybe haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

:lol::lol::lol:

"Well that's great, that's just fcukin' great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"

Guest muttley

"Well that's great, that's just fcukin' great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"

In space, no-one can hear you yawn.

Guest muttley

"Ho-ho-hold on one second. This installation has a substantial dollar value attached to it."

We're on an express elevator to hell - going down!

I do sense a level of "blood lust" on this forum of late. People who have held out for so long (including myself) are mentally feeding off the bad news... you can feel it. Whereas I think even just a few weeks ago, sentiment on here was being questioned - last bear turned bull and so on... now I really do think we're on the downward slope never to return. Nothing can stop this now, and people on here know it whole heartedly.

...JUST A FAINT HINT OF PAVLOV'S DOGS WAITING FOR THE DINNER BELL!!!!! :D

the sheep are nicely fattened up,so enjoy the feast!!!!!!!

Edited by oracle

Ripley comes back as half alien half human.

What does this mean?

Its the age old story. Great parental values and with all those advantages the kids still turn out as EAs, politicians or bankers.