House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Badger

200 Jobs To Go At Chicken Plant

Puns? Why should there be puns? Job losses are no laughing matter. I felt very sorry for those workers when I heard this story on the 6 O'cluck news.

Oh come on, it's crisis management by the company in the light of bird flu and 80 of that 200 are migrants anyway, so not exactly an issue for local FTBs.

It's a fairly shrewd move, most places like this are overstaffed with permies, so lay off a load when the publicity is right and you can take on temps again when it picks up - the union won't fight too hard and you get to cut your overheads.

Sensible management in my book.

Oh come on, it's crisis management by the company in the light of bird flu and 80 of that 200 are migrants anyway, so not exactly an issue for local FTBs.

It's a fairly shrewd move, most places like this are overstaffed with permies, so lay off a load when the publicity is right and you can take on temps again when it picks up - the union won't fight too hard and you get to cut your overheads.

Well that's not a very funny one is it?

Bet that's knocked the 'stuffing' out of them! They must be well 'clucking' angry. Management were 'nuggets' though.

I'm already wearing my coat.....slam!

TB

It looks to me like the Avian flu is just an excuse, the company has probably wanted to cut jobs for a while.

I do think there are many companies in the same situation and that the jobs situation will deteriorate.

Workers counted their chickens before they hatched. A clear case of having all their eggs in the same basket :blink:

Tough "cluck" on the poor b*stards who have lost there jobs. Those that can't find more work will probably spend there days wandering the streets like a bunch of... "Headless chickens". ;)

Ah, some tasty southern fried finger licking chicken, iceberg lettuce, some mayo and a bun.

Sounds great but I've been too "chiken sh!t" to eat it since I heard about Avian flu.

Demand for chicken has beaked, it won't go up any feather now, I wishbone it would for the sake of those working in the industry, I KFC more redundancies on the horizon, the economy is going to get even more cockereled up.

couldn't resist. :)

Demand for chicken has beaked, it won't go up any feather now, I wishbone it would for the sake of those working in the industry, I KFC more redundancies on the horizon, the economy is going to get even more cockereled up.

couldn't resist. :)

Ah punditry, so eggstremely satisfying.

Guest horace

Sadly the workforce has been `plucked`.

So much for feather bedding.

h. ;)

Guest Guy_Montag

I imagine the workers gave the management the bird after hearing about this.

Well that's not a very funny one is it?

Dont get into a flutter. :rolleyes:

The market cracked?

The management must have egg on their faces now.

They don't care. They've been feathering their own nests.

But I thought their finances were scrambled

A battery of financial experts is looking into it.

For now they can only take stock.

Well lets hope they didnt cook the books.