House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sithclone7

Eastenders- Billy The Bear ?

Just watching Eastenders (Not a regular occurrence) but it seems Billy is looking for a house.

His Wife/Girlfriend wants this one that coloured one etc, But Billy's not sure (Looking at the price).

"We can't get anything around here, Not at these prices".

SENTIMENT is my point, Whatever you think of Eastenders or any soap is that it main appeal is pseudo real life experience current to today's world (For some people it's because they have no life), So it is a good SENTIMENTAL indicator.

In no way am I advocating watching all the soaps 24hr but what's presented on them but they have a more direct effect on the decisions of the masses than Interest Rate Rises or the State of the Dollar.

Breakfast TV Durmut McWatchyamacallit mentioning the other morning that prices sometimes CRASH.

WatchDog is having a go at Estate Agents; Quoting "Pyramid Selling".

I thing the BEEB is turning a little bearish or at least trying to present other opinion's ( Although you can't tell from the website).

It's in this way that the Masses will Realise. Not Niche Website's or High Brow Economic Arguments.

Maybe HPC.co.uk should throw a few scraps to Watchdog, It seems it has a taste for EA Flesh.

maybe gordon has instructed the bbc to prepare the viewers for reality

on the subject of watchdog, did u see the piece about national homebuyers? - apparently something to do with surveys but in reality more along the lines of people getting offered far less than their inflated expectations - personally i thought watchdog made idiots out of themselves

Just watching Eastenders (Not a regular occurrence) but it seems Billy is looking for a house.

His Wife/Girlfriend wants this one that coloured one etc, But Billy's not sure (Looking at the price).

"We can't get anything around here, Not at these prices".

I saw this and was going to post. Actually, SHE wanted the house and HE was looking very flustered. She mentioned houses at 170K and 240K (both of them with nothing jobs in the soap) and that 170K wasn't much these days.

Billy just came up with excuses and said "why don't we just rent for a while - there's a house with our name on it out there - but not yet".

Perfect.

If we're going down the route of conspiracy theories, this could be seen as the masses bailing out the 600,000 second home owners by renting their gaffs from them while prices fall and running costs spiral upwards. Restoration of the social housing programme by NuLab, using private money. It's been mentioned as one possible outcome of this house price cycle on HPC more than once...

Oh come on now, it's obviously not dealing with reality because where the hell are they going to come up with the money to get a flat in the middle of the square for 175k when Honey works in a pub and Billy just wanders the square.

Oh come on now, it's obviously not dealing with reality because where the hell are they going to come up with the money to get a flat in the middle of the square for 175k when Honey works in a pub and Billy just wanders the square.

nothing a "family" mortgage wouldn't solve!

nothing a "family" mortgage wouldn't solve!

It's a shame they don't have the Mitchells crooked lawyer anymore. I'm sure Marcus could have cooked the books in order to get them a self cert.

Guest Winners and Losers

Fraudulant 100% IO 10 year fix of course. :rolleyes:

Northern Rock will give them 125% so I don't think it'll be a problem.

I agree, Nobody could possibly do the jobs they do and live in the area, The whole soap is an Olde Cockney's England Necrophilliatic Fest, But my point was SENTIMENT.

This is the way it will happen !

The tabloid daily's and soap operas will be the prime vehicle for SENTIMENTAL change in the masses.

Who wouldn't be happy to see "HOUSE PRICE CRASH" on the front page of the Mirror( Which has bearish moments itself).

It's getting there, This year is the the YEAR OF REALISATION when the masses cotton on to what most HPC.co.uk poster have been saying a long time.

This is the theater in which the everyday man judged's the world, Don't burry you head in stat's, Look out of the window.

It's Here, And has been for a while now !

Didn't Martin and Sonia buy Pauline's house some time back - she's a student nurse and he has a fruit stall on a market.

Given that a typical 3 bed house in Bow - the place I have always assumed Walford is modelled on - costs over £330,000 Martin must be selling a hell of a lot of bananas!

It's a shame they don't have the Mitchells crooked lawyer anymore. I'm sure Marcus could have cooked the books in order to get them a self cert.

You don't need a crooked lawyer to get a dodgy self cert.

Find the house of your dreams, divide the price by 4, and hey presto, you 've just figured out how much money you earn. (You may have to say it's for the both of you)

Now go buy that home you've always wanted.

I live just down the road from the square that Albert Square is based on (it's just off Graham Road in Dalston, not even quite in the real East End by its classical definition).

You will find very few people there that have anything in common with the Eastenders portrayed on the programme. Most of the white people are middle class gentrifiers attracted by the proximity to the city and the nice architecture, while there is a large African and Turkish community. My nan's family are from a couple of hundred metres down the road but they all moved out to Essex after the war. Eastenders is, in a way, a weird folk memory aimed at the inhabitants of places like Essex, Hertfordshire and Kent who have their roots in the East End.

Eastenders is, in a way, a weird folk memory aimed at the inhabitants of places like Essex, Hertfordshire and Kent who have their roots in the East End.

Quite, that's why it's broadcast from Land's End to John o'Groats.

Quite, that's why it's broadcast from Land's End to John o'Groats.

Haven't watched the soaps for about 9 or 10 years now, can't say I miss them either. I have friends and family though, that I know not to ring when they're on :rolleyes:

Edited by libitina

In no way am I advocating watching all the soaps 24hr but what's presented on them but they have a more direct effect on the decisions of the masses than Interest Rate Rises or the State of the Dollar.

Breakfast TV Durmut McWatchyamacallit mentioning the other morning that prices sometimes CRASH.

WatchDog is having a go at Estate Agents; Quoting "Pyramid Selling".

I thing the BEEB is turning a little bearish or at least trying to present other opinion's ( Although you can't tell from the website).

It's in this way that the Masses will Realise. Not Niche Website's or High Brow Economic Arguments.

Maybe HPC.co.uk should throw a few scraps to Watchdog, It seems it has a taste for EA Flesh.

It is a representation of reality. When one of thes naff soaps (personal oppinion) has an ailment it amazingly reappears in our clinics with people having copycat symptoms.

God help us all and keep it up 'the media'. We love / hate you.

Edited by music man

Deadenders is filmed at the BBC studios in Borehamwood, Herts. Strangely the studios are always referred to as Elstree Studios, although Elstree is a good mile and a half away.

I think the soap is surreal because it portrays an alternative World to the one we live in. Who on earth would go in to a cafe to buy a cup of tea or a takeaway sandwich when you live nearby? It's a world where most of the residents do not own a washing machine. A World where people enter their next door neighbours house through an unlocked back door. A World where eight people live in a small terraced house and all have their own bedroom. A World where the characters say "I'm going up West" meaning to the centre of London. I have lived in London all my life and have never heard this expression. A soap where a good looking bloke has a relationship with a nasal Captain Pugwash- Sonia to you lot! Enough of this nonsense I say!

What about the scenes where the extras hang around but do not speak. Sometimes it strains the credibility to breaking point. Something happens in the market or pub. So the extras point, shake their heads, look concerned, but stay quiet. Bizarre.

Before you all ask why do I watch it ??? My wife always has dinner on the table when it starts. There is no escape! I'ts almost like a road traffic accident. You know you should'nt look, but you do just the same.

I think they should merge with Holby City. I always have a bet on which character has got the black spot. They could get the cast from Eastenders and each week put one of them out of their misery.

http://deadpool.rotten.com/

. Eastenders is, in a way, a weird folk memory aimed at the inhabitants of places like Essex, Hertfordshire and Kent who have their roots in the East End.

England is great at selling History.

Mr's Miggins makes pies, She's made pies for years and has regular custom from local, recommended and passing folk.

One day Mr Marks sets up a pie shop a little too near to the Miggins establishment.

Mrs Miggins is not concerned, Shes been here for years, Nothings really changed, Why worry.

Mr Sparks is doing a roaring trade, His advertising, Marketing and friendly bank manager are working wonders.

Pies are the new food; Rediscovered by the masses.

Mrs Miggins is also happy the overflow trade from Mr Marks shop has boosted her profits, She might have to take a new girl on.

Mr Brown, Mr Blair, Miss McBeth, Ms O'Rielly, Major Patel, Comrade Kowalwzzski, Vicroy Supermainian and Iiirek Vittzorkfghth launch new shops, All offering quality pies.

The pie market has never been better so many pies of differing flavours, Eating pies is the new thing.

At parties a fellows place in society is judged often by their knowledge of pastry and fillings.

However the new piemen find they can make a little more money by just cutting down on the meat quality, a few more onion's, thicken the gravy but just add a hint of corriander.

But alas sheeple lose their taste for pies, They're not what they used to be.

Bye bye Simple Piemen.

Mrs Miggins is ok though, She only saw it as a passing phase.

Fancy a Kebab ?

I agree, Nobody could possibly do the jobs they do and live in the area, The whole soap is an Olde Cockney's England Necrophilliatic Fest, But my point was SENTIMENT.

This is the way it will happen !

The tabloid daily's and soap operas will be the prime vehicle for SENTIMENTAL change in the masses.

Who wouldn't be happy to see "HOUSE PRICE CRASH" on the front page of the Mirror( Which has bearish moments itself).

It's getting there, This year is the the YEAR OF REALISATION when the masses cotton on to what most HPC.co.uk poster have been saying a long time.

This is the theater in which the everyday man judged's the world, Don't burry you head in stat's, Look out of the window.

It's Here, And has been for a while now !

100% agree!!!

I think the whole country has gone bearish. We only have to see the strike actions. People have decided - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! This ranges from pensions to increased fuel costs. Holidays for example are charging £25/£30 Per Person Fuel supplements now! Plus £10 for reserving seat and £30 for an extra few inches!!!

We are in a boiled Frog situation and a lot of the frogs are jumping out - they realise what is happening.

Got to give FUBRA some credit here - they have bought this site at a GOOD time. I have never seen so many new members join lately.

With this sentiment, people will not be paying askin price, the market will force itself down. I think crash Gordon realises his time is up and is looking at No.10 so he can get out of this job and blame some other poor b@stard personally.

Best stop typing now or I will get taxed for using the office computer ;)

TB

Deadenders is filmed at the BBC studios in Borehamwood, Herts. Strangely the studios are always referred to as Elstree Studios, although Elstree is a good mile and a half away.

I think the soap is surreal because it portrays an alternative World to the one we live in. Who on earth would go in to a cafe to buy a cup of tea or a takeaway sandwich when you live nearby? It's a world where most of the residents do not own a washing machine. A World where people enter their next door neighbours house through an unlocked back door. A World where eight people live in a small terraced house and all have their own bedroom. A World where the characters say "I'm going up West" meaning to the centre of London. I have lived in London all my life and have never heard this expression. A soap where a good looking bloke has a relationship with a nasal Captain Pugwash- Sonia to you lot! Enough of this nonsense I say!

What about the scenes where the extras hang around but do not speak. Sometimes it strains the credibility to breaking point. Something happens in the market or pub. So the extras point, shake their heads, look concerned, but stay quiet. Bizarre.

Before you all ask why do I watch it ??? My wife always has dinner on the table when it starts. There is no escape! I'ts almost like a road traffic accident. You know you should'nt look, but you do just the same.

I think they should merge with Holby City. I always have a bet on which character has got the black spot. They could get the cast from Eastenders and each week put one of them out of their misery.

http://deadpool.rotten.com/

great post! i personally can never forget Lofty exclaiming "but wha' abou' the baby 'Shell?!" :huh: