House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
krosfyah

"where Is The Housing Crash?" - Moneyweek Report

If so, would you mind pasting it here please? Otherwise i will look to subscribe myself (it's free but you need to give credit card details which i'm always a little loathe to do), but i only really wanted to read that article to see what it had to say.

Here is the article link

"Where is the housing crash?" - Moneyweek article

Ah...

I read that whilst visiting my parents over the weekend, but I don't actually have it so I can only give a summary. Basically what it says is:

"Just because prices haven't crashed yet doesn't mean they won't."

This is then backed up by various facts and figures about the economy grinding to a halt, etc.

Many thanks for posting that, good read! :D

I'm a subscriber and like the mag generally but bare in mind that Moneyweeks editorial staff have been uber bears for longer than I can remember, with the publication of either a bearish article or editorial on almost a weekly basis.

One important point this article doesn't cover (nor has any article in moneyweek AFAIKR). There is (comared to the nineties) a real, genuine shortage of property in the UK right now, with the few excess and untenented properties being in areas of the very least demand. I think they should enter that into their equation!

I'm a subscriber and like the mag generally but bare in mind that Moneyweeks editorial staff have been uber bears for longer than I can remember, with the publication of either a bearish article or editorial on almost a weekly basis.

And that's because MoneyWeek is about how to make you money, and all the easy money has gone from British Residential Property for longer than I can remember.

I liked this - 'What’s more, the house-price surveys are lagging indicators – they reveal the truth too late. Houses that can’t sell, or won’t sell until the price is cut, don’t appear in the data until later.

'

This will not be seen for sometime yet. Hold tight!!