House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I Told You So

Interest Rates

But has anyone seen the Short Sterling marlet today? its collapsed

9 ticks down in a day thats unheard of

Rates are going to be moving up far faster than even I hoped. :D

Can you post a link and explain what a tick is?

I only know a tick as an insect or those marks you got on school reports. I generally got crosses though :(

TB

Guest Winners and Losers

Can you post a link and explain what a tick is?

I only know a tick as an insect TB

Parasite actually. ;):rolleyes:

But has anyone seen the Short Sterling marlet today? its collapsed

9 ticks down in a day thats unheard of

Rates are going to be moving up far faster than even I hoped. :D

Hi I told you so

not for one minute do i doubt you know what you are talking about, but i have seen numerous posts like this for a few weeks now.

From the tone of some on here, your post being a great example, you would expect to switch on BBC news 24 and see a big story, but there is nowt (o;

I hope you are right about what you are posting about, but hope you understand that i am a little sceptical, could some please bring me up to speed

Sam

>Can you post a link and explain what a tick is?

As far as I know a tick is the minimum investment you can trade in which is half a basis point or 0.005%. So a change of 9 ticks is about 0.05%, which doesn't seem that much to me.

I do hate it when every small fluctuation is posted to this board. Undoubtably this is a sign that the market expects interest rates to rise at some stage. BUT newbies to Hpc (like I used to be) are likely to shout at friends in the pub that short sterling has tanked/shot through the roof today and it will be pointed out to them that the pound sterling is actually amost the same as yesterday. Well it happened to me!

GrimUpNorth

Edited by GrimUpNorth

Guest Bart of Darkness
From the tone of some on here, your post being a great example, you would expect to switch on BBC news 24 and see a big story, but there is nowt

When the main BBC news is about some footballer's big toe, don't be too surprised at the abscence of real, "grown up" news there.

I can't get it but maybe the Bloomberg channel would cover such things in more depth?