House Price Crash Forum
laughing_goat

It's That Time Of Month Again!

Appologies if this has already been done this month, but what with all the talk of possible rate rises to stave off more drastic rises in future, I thought another poll was in order.

I think they will still stay static but we may see a few votes for a rate rise this month.

Nickall will vote for a cut

It's difficult to say what the rest will do, they will probbably vote for whatever Merv proposes.

For a hike to happen, I think Merv has to talk about inflation this month then a hike so that it appears in the minutes, then allow the market to begin pricing for one then propose one at a later meeting.

But remember, they will only act on CPI. So I feel a hike is unlikely this time around.

The surprise move by the Chinese last week means the Fed now has to go higher than they would have liked

There is no way that NU LAbour or 'Crash' Gordon will allow interest rates to be raised on thursday the day of the local elections!!!

You can take that one to the bank. Wouldn't be surprised if 'Crash' Gordon lowers them.

This is an 'Interesting' thread. (Boom-Boom-Tish. I'm here all week)

I went for Hold, with a vote to lower. (It was either that, or Hold unanimous.)

It's a good measure to see if people here are a good judge of market sentiment overall.

I went for:

No change(some votes for rise and fall) [ 14 ] ** [18.42%]

Based on the FACT that Steven Nickell only has one box on his ballot! It would not surprise me though, as this is his penultimate sitting, if he said b0llox to it - RISE RISE RISE :lol::lol:

TB

Guest Bart of Darkness

Hold. Put off that nasty bad tasting medicine until it's too late and the even nastier medicine has to be taken out of the medicine cupboard.

Guest Cletus VanDamme

I voted for hold, with some votes for a rise.

My hunch is that IRs will remain unchanged until next year.