House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

homeless

Its A Day For Catching Fly

ive been accused of many things on here, simply because of my anti-immigration stance.

being anti-immigration in the uk now is seen as been racist.I am nothing of the sort, im just proud of being british, but even celebrating st georges day, the national day of england is considered racist, many brits would prefer to celebrate st patricks instead.

I see a real problem with a bear on here that dont consider immigration as a important factor in the high house price/ low wage situation we find ourselves in.It is surely a factor to be considered.Im sure half the people that insult my stance on immigration on here are immigrants themselves, the other half im sure are government type workers.

These are people that surely have no right to discuss the feelings of the people of this country, they are not from this country and if they are they are too scared for there own jobs to speak out and tell the truth.

Im a proud member of the BNP becuase the BNP is the only party looking out for me, only party perhaps looking out for you too.But this forum has no problem discussing other parties but any mention of the BNP and its right to the off-topic forum you should go.

So i ask you all on here when commenting, what exactly do you have against the BNP and please state your creed and job while saying so, so we can all see.

For a quick starter, how about this, from the BNP council election section of their website:

BNP councillors will work on the assumption that building on greenbelt land should be opposed as a matter of principle.

or how about tax policy:

LOW TAXES

A BNP administration will pledge to maintain domestic and business council taxes at the current level.

What do current levels have to do with low taxes?

We will examine closely the licensing policies of the council in relation to taxi and minicab businesses to ensure that the ownership of such firms and the supply of drivers bears the closest possible relationship to the average make-up of the local population. This will also apply to other areas of trade where a BNP council has control of licensing including the sale of alcohol, market trading and late hours catering services..

Bound to help the many members of the white community who were barred from jobs as taxi drivers...

Born in in Hammersmith in 1973 ;)

I think the main issue with the BNP is one of motivation.

In public, their stance might seem either reasonable. It's all down to your point of view, policies are presented and you take your pick. That part is fair enough if you look no further.

However when you look beneath the surface, as more than one TV expose has shown, at least several of the party's senior members are in fact a bunch of fascist thugs which exposes motivation.

This immediately undoes any credibility they might actually have; the other major issue with them is that they are seen as a one-policy party which only ever achieves success at a very localised level.

In places like some parts of America which are so inwardly looking and only barely aware of the World that exists around them, this kind of propoganda (the comparison I make is TV evangelists in small towns, where the tidy face of what is presented has little to do with the agenda behind it) works and people are sucked in.

This is also the case in a very tiny number of inwardly looking communities in this Country where people believe that 'kicking out the bloody foreigners and getting our Country back' (or whatever) might do some good, suddenly all the broken pavements will get fixed, the buses will run on time, crime will end, etc. - the inference that "foreigners" are to blame for society's ills and/or are somehow all taking advantage are implanted and perpetuated by rubbish like The Daily Mail every day.

I'm not ignoring localised crime committed by specific ethnic minorities (I'm thinking Burnley here) but in, say, Liverpool and Manchester, white British kids of the type the BNP would "keep" destroy housing estates and communities. The answer is not to remove all the white kids from Liverpool and Manchester any more than it is to remove specific sections of communities anywhere else or across the whole Country, which is the BNP's ultimate agenda and has more than a faint echo of Nazi Germany about it.

I do think there are serious issues with immigration in this Country and some serious social issues don't receive the attention they need because the race card gets played. I do think it is time for some intelligent debate.

I don't know the answer, but I don't think it's the BNP, I see them as if anything getting in the way of any intelligent debate.

Guest Bart of Darkness

This from the BNP manifesto:

We would abolish all targets and quotas for ethnic representation in all areas of employment, public and private.

And yet, from the BNP council election section of their website:

We will examine closely the licensing policies of the council in relation to taxi and minicab businesses to ensure that the ownership of such firms and the supply of drivers bears the closest possible relationship to the average make-up of the local population. This will also apply to other areas of trade where a BNP council has control of licensing including the sale of alcohol, market trading and late hours catering services.

:blink:

Why do you want to know my creed and job? Is it because:

We would abolish all laws against racial discrimination in employment and the government bodies associated with enforcing them.

Some wise words there DTMark.

I think people are confusing voting for the BNP as a protest with actually supporting their policies.

In Barking and Dagenham for example the Tories and Lib Dems are not standing across whole swathes of the borough so the only way they have of protesting against this useless government is to vote BNP.

Crime and anti social behaviour are very big issues locally in Dagenham yet the police and the Labour Council do virtually nothing to deal with them. And then you see stories like the one about Brenda Robinson who dared to challenge some yobs who were vandalising her property - yet she gets arrested - and you really start to despair! No possibility of locking up the thugs though as its not their fault because they didn't get enough hugs when they were younger. The police involved should be sacked.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2159905.html

Is it any wonder that people - especially pensioners - who have lost all hope are contemplating voting BNP.

Hi Homeless,

In answer to your questions

1. Born in Wales, bred in Yorkshire, family from Sheffield and I have no problem with St George!

2. Work in private sector

3. Yes, there is loads wrong with this country, and the asylum system is something that needs looking at. Yes, whole areas of the UK have changed beyond recognition over the last 50 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. And it is true that large communities have grown up in some of our towns. I remember a poster on here saying that there were 6000 Poles in Crewe! It is also true that some folk may feel alienated from the uk of today, believing that it was all better before (essentially before the Empire Windrush - in the 1950s)

4. These people find their home in the BNP. However the roots of the BNP go further back. In the 1930s some newspapers, including the Daily Mail, were in favour of an agreement with the Nazis, a sort of early EU if you like. If you find Franco's Spain, Mussolini's Italy or Hitler's Germany to your liking, I am sure you would appreciate a BNP government in the UK. At least the trains would run on time.

5. However the BNP have nothing at all to say on the real issues facing the our green and pleasant land today: The global imbalances and the dollar (discussed endlessly on here), world trade and the increasing globalisation of the economy, the risks this poses for the UK economy, climate change and its impact on the UK, instability in the Middle East and its effect on Islam.

6. Finally, like it or lump it (and I have mixed emotions myself) 'Old' Europe has changed. In the UK, France, Germany etc the birthrate is falling, life expectations are changing and mass immigration is a reality, one which will not go away. I cannot see us ever returning to the days when all low paid jobs are carried out by white anglo saxon britons. The chocolate box England of Dixon of Dock Green, country churches and films made in Ealing has gone for ever. Our villages are fake, populated by commuters and preserved by the planning laws.

Immigration helps the UK (and other immigration countries, like Germany, Austria and Switzerland) in many ways. As an example, our company (production of aerospace parts) could not survive without them. Immigrants do jobs in our company UK workers would not do - not because the job is bad, it is just not good enough for them (these jobs are now done by Slovakians in our company - the best workers you can wish!). Other immigrants in our company have skills not (easily) available in the UK (language skills,...).

Thankfully, our company gives immigrants real chances. We pay our lowest paid immigrant worker twice the UK minimum wage. 2 of the 4 members of our executive committee are first grade immigrants. I am one out of two executive directors, and I am also a first grade immigrant (from Austria). Our company does very well (+20% turnover and +30% profit last year), because of the currently good aerospace market, but also because of our immigrants, and we can therefore contribute to a strong UK economy.

I consider myself a citizen of the EU and not really as an immigrant anyway. I would only give up my Austrian citizenship for a EU citizenship. It is just a pity that UK is not yet a member of Schengen and the Euro - this would make both my business live and my private live easier.

What does this have to do with house price inflation? Nothing. Immigration does on its own not contribute to house price inflation. Just look at Germany, with a similar number of immigrants, and no house price inflation to speak of. To blame immigrants for HPI is just stupid.

What does this have to do with house price inflation? Nothing. Immigration does on its own not contribute to house price inflation. Just look at Germany, with a similar number of immigrants, and no house price inflation to speak of. To blame immigrants for HPI is just stupid.

Germany's population shrank for a third straight year in 2005 as the trend of fewer births than deaths continues. Immigration did not compensate for the deficit. In the UK the poulation increased by circa 160,000 due to immigration.

quote name='LION' date='May 2 2006, 07:21 AM' post='364653']

Immigrants do jobs in our company UK workers would not do - not because the job is bad, it is just not good enough for them (these jobs are now done by Slovakians in our company - the best workers you can wish!). Other immigrants in our company have skills not (easily) available in the UK (language skills,...).

Thankfully, our company gives immigrants real chances. We pay our lowest paid immigrant worker twice the UK minimum wage.

So you claim that UK workers won't do jobs which you say are paying 2 x minimum wage? Or £10.50 per hour?

I don't know where you are based but in my part of the UK the unskilled locals would be more than happy to work any hours you wished for that sort of money. For instance my local hi-tech engineering co. pays £6.50 p.h. to labourers on it's books!

Are you sure the 2 x minimum isn't the rate you pay the agencey?

“We will examine closely the licensing policies of the council in relation to taxi and minicab businesses to ensure that the ownership of such firms and the supply of drivers bears the closest possible relationship to the average make-up of the local population. This will also apply to other areas of trade where a BNP council has control of licensing including the sale of alcohol, market trading and late hours catering services..”

Arrive at the London road train station in Leicester and you will see 50 taxi drivers and non will be British !

Need asprin from the chemist and it’s the same, won’t tell you the joke about roman’s building straight roads or ask you to vist the local doctor.

Clearly immigrants are far over represented in these trades and yet well under represented as MP’s so I would like to see more black MP’s because it’s these people that are letting so many in so surly it’s fair that they should also contend with them

I would vote BNP even if taxes did go up (which I don’t believe) as I consider them well worth it.

DTMARK

However when you look beneath the surface, as more than one TV expose has shown, at least several of the party's senior members are in fact a bunch of fascist thugs which exposes motivation.

And what do you think we would find if we had a few more undercover reporters looking at the Labour party or the Con’s ! Do you think the few people controlling the media would let these stories run and that the Blair’s broadcasting Company would show them before 2 in the morning.

Given the finance I can look into anyone’s past and dig the dirt and make no mistake the government has such control with the police and other bodies that they can make anything appear to happen.

Are you sure the 2 x minimum isn't the rate you pay the agencey?

We are at the outskirts of London, where salaries are somewhat higher.

We pay our immigrants directly, and we also recruit them directly from European universities.

They are not unskilled workers - they are normally graduates in an area required (mainly material science).

However, they are required to do manual (and sometimes messy) work that at the same time also requires a high degree of technical/scientifical knowledge and the use of complex personal protective equipment due to the potential (chemical) hazards involved. We are very proud of our very high health and safety standards. An unskilled employee might be tempted to take shortcuts - we cannot risk that. A UK graduate normally does not like this type of job (at this pay), as it is quite unpleasant to work with all the safety equipment (full chemical suit, external air supply with an airline, etc.). Then there is also the quality that is important as most parts we make are used in the wings of aircraft, including Airbus. Most immigrants are offered temporary contracts initially and go back after some time. Some stay and can achieve top positions (with salaries of more than £ 50k a year as an executive, if they are good) in our company.

There are other aspects why we think about £10 per hour (and this is only the minimum) is not so much for this job: This is an average minimum rate that includes typically 10-20 hours overtime per week, and usually they also work through their holidays. This is understandable, as many are only in the UK for a relatively short period and want to earn as much money as possible money for their future live back home. Or they want to build up a future here and need even more money for that.

Additionally, the rate mentioned includes all bonuses and benefits (the actual average minimum hourly rate is therefore slightly lower). On top of that, the average sick leave for immigrants is 0.5 days per person per year, which compares very favourably with 5 days per person and year for our UK employees.

Most important for me as an employer and line manager of immigrants is: They are keener, learn quicker, are more responsive, think more positive and have generally an attitude towards work that can be a positive example for many UK workers. The attitude is really the main difference!

One understands this better if you know that graduates only earn about £ 1 - £ 2 an hour in Slovakia. If they get a job at all. The difference is HUGE. So from their perspective, we pay them a huge salary and they are extremely motivated.