House Price Crash Forum
kosciosco

Finding Out About A Specific Property

I have found nethouseprices.com an invaluable resource in that I know how much the neighbours houses sold for in the area, but what I don't know is how their house compares to the one I am looking at - is it smaller, bigger, etc.

Anyone any ideas if there is a resource which will tell me about the details of a house?

Thanks

Simon

I have found nethouseprices.com an invaluable resource in that I know how much the neighbours houses sold for in the area, but what I don't know is how their house compares to the one I am looking at - is it smaller, bigger, etc.

Anyone any ideas if there is a resource which will tell me about the details of a house?

Thanks

Simon

Land Registry

For only £2, you can download plans for the houses you're interested in. This can be very useful when you're choosing between houses before you make an offer.

In addition to the plan, you can buy a property register for the house where you can find out who owns the house, the price paid (for most houses sold since April 2000), any loans secured against it and any rights of way across the land. This costs only £2 and is available to download from this site now.

Some registers refer to other documents relating to the house you're interested in. These are also £2 and available to download from this site now.

http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk

What I am really trying to do is ascertain whether the person selling the house I am interested in has an estate agent inflating the price.

If I look at Nethouseprices I can see that a similar house sold for a lot less than they are asking - what I don't know is how similar this house is in terms of dimensions and rooms etc - is there any site that will tell you this?

Thanks

Simon

What I am really trying to do is ascertain whether the person selling the house I am interested in has an estate agent inflating the price.

If I look at Nethouseprices I can see that a similar house sold for a lot less than they are asking - what I don't know is how similar this house is in terms of dimensions and rooms etc - is there any site that will tell you this?

Thanks

Simon

Certainly not for historical/present stuff, eventually the information recorded for HIPS might provide this.