House Price Crash Forum

We know that you are a member of the BNP, homeless, resistance is useless.

And Paradox, what kind of weird accusation is this you're levelling at us? Racists do visit the forum, as do sexists and tories, but there's an equal number at least of HPCers who always wade in to counter their views. The fact that people of all backgrounds post on here is one of the forum's strengths - I don't know if the mods have ever censored posts that incite racial hatred or anything like that but feel sure that they wouldn't let dangerous posts of that nature through.

But your thread seems like some tricksy little way of changing the subject, somehow. What, now we, 'the ones who didn't buy in time' (cos that's what it's about) - we're a bunch of dangerous losers who might start the revolution? And you, 'the people who bought in time' (oh your wisdom and judgement, tell us your secrets), are the 'let them eat cake' aristos who are going to be forced to rue your decadent ways? I mean, there's a grain of truth in it, but it's a very fanciful spin on things. Aren't you just trying to reframe the fact that there's been a vast boom and there's going to be a huge bust (calm down shakerbaby) that might affect you very badly? I'm not really saying it but there's something odd about your post.

Hey - Rent Girl,

I hope you did not misinterpret my post.

1) Firstly, I am North London Rent Man. I said I was of the generation who bought in time, not that I am also sitting pretty in the suburbs. In the dim and distant past I posted my own personal tale of woe about being shafted by HPI myself. As far as I am concerned, the bigger the bust the better. And I am not talking about Sarah Beeny.

2) I have not logged on for a few months and I was just commenting on the tone of some of the posts.

3) Is that an panther on your avatar?

Edit: Just noticed it looks more like a bear!

Best wishes

Paradox

Edited by paradox

I could't agree more. The way the aussies transformed Earl's Court in the 1980's really pissed me off. And what about the Irish and the way that they took over parts of West London. And whilst I am on the subject, have you been to Golders Green - it is all Jewish. And another thing, I get the distinct impression that there are thousands and thousands of Scots down here, with their awful whisky. My God, can you imagine it, we might even have some none English blood in us and not even be aware of it.

I swear, if I discover a drop of impure blood in me, I shall cut off my limbs in the direct proportion to my impurity...just to restore the balance.

Finally, have you ever been to the US? I heard that 99% of the population are immigrants!!!! and someone told me that this occured over the space of a couple of hundred years!!

Were doomed.

And the thread is entitled 'smugness' -- how paradoxical.

Guest Winners and Losers

fyi I try never to let a door swing shut in anybody's face.

Are we beginning to dislike each other, buyingbear?

He didnt sound very convincing NLRG. ;) Not another two! :rolleyes:

:D

Wow, NLRG on attack mode!

What images that brings to mind...

Shards of estate agents frontages lay scattered on the ground amongst shreds of white computer plastic. The stunned, smartly suited young man picked himself up.

" I didn't see her coming" he blurted. "I only work in this Estate Agents to pay the mortgage on my studio in Enfield."

Witnesses say they heard something about a Rent Girl - then this flying caped woman shot down like a thunderbolt from the sky and zapped the high street office...

:D

Oh well, back to work

fyi I try never to let a door swing shut in anybody's face.

Are we beginning to dislike each other, buyingbear?

Not directed at you NLRG or BuyingBear in particular but is it just me or sometimes can you all sense the seething disdain permeating through the sleezy underbelly of this forum? :lol:

Guest Winners and Losers

Not directed at you NLRG or BuyingBear in particular but is it just me or sometimes can you all sense the seething disdain permeating through the sleezy underbelly of this forum? :lol:

Only when you're around. :rolleyes:

Hey, I was enjoying my indignation and, how did SB put it - "seething disdain" (serious shakeits, no idea what you mean, it's a concept completely alien to me ;) ).

Right, this is far too much fun. You four play nicely now, I've got to get back to work. When is the EU going to make public holidays statutory for freelancers, effeffess.

Who is confused?

I am very anti immigrant. I am sick to death of all these aussies, south africans and new zealanders that come over here and work in Foxtons. They add nothing to our culture, drive up houseprices, and then go back home.

:D (joking...)

I am also concerned at the influx of russians with dodgy cash

However I welcome the immigration from the Indian sub continent which changed our culture in two ways. Firstly it brought us the open all hours corner shop and secondly brought us the curry, which has become as much part of our culture as fish and chips.

England before immigration was a boring place.

On the other hand, I do think there is a debate to be had about the current immigration policies and the rise of the asylum seeker, a term unheard of a decade ago.

have to beg to differ there!!!...my family came over as immigrants from ireland in the 40's.my grandparents both fought for england in ww2 and I am BRITISH.this is my home.

I've NEVER had a day unemployed...what I object to is freeloaders who take out of a welfare system that is meant to be a failsafe,not a way of life....that applies to brits too....there's lots of jobs out there but some folks are just too snooty to do them.

have to beg to differ there!!!...my family came over as immigrants from ireland in the 40's.my grandparents both fought for england in ww2 and I am BRITISH.this is my home.

I've NEVER had a day unemployed...what I object to is freeloaders who take out of a welfare system that is meant to be a failsafe,not a way of life....that applies to brits too....there's lots of jobs out there but some folks are just too snooty to do them.

Totally agree with this. We have come to be a country where if you don't want to work you put yourself on permanent incapacity benefits for a broken toe (or permanent stress) or get yourself knocked up at 16 because that will get you a council house and a permanent income. I don't mind having a safety net, and I would prefer to have taxes to know it it there, but that is what it should be, a safety net, not a way of life, and I think this government has promoted it by making it easy. Now I really don't want to judge, but I do judge that a fit and healthy person shouldn't be living on my wages if they aren't prepared to work, simply because the system gives them the means to.

Oracle, I was trying to be sarcastic.

If you look back up the thread you will see that I was attacking "homeless" who is peddling his/her usual tripe. As far as I am concerned we forget too quickly the different nationalities that fought (and died) under our flag, as far back as the Boer War. There is cemetries in South Africa of Indians who died fighting for Britain against the Dutch.

However, I agree with you on the Welfare System point. It is supposed to be a failsafe, and abusing it is not good.

However I welcome the immigration from the Indian sub continent which changed our culture in two ways. Firstly it brought us the open all hours corner shop and secondly brought us the curry, which has become as much part of our culture as fish and chips.

England before immigration was a boring place.

I find curry disgusting... its slop, and very unhealthy.

I think your political view is now very much on the fringe minority end of the spectrum.

How can you say England before the 1950s was boring? What a completely bizarre statement.

I think your political view is now very much on the fringe minority end of the spectrum.

How can you say England before the 1950s was boring? What a completely bizarre statement.

I find your post disgusting....it (is) slop and very unhealthy.

Read an indian cook book - there are a multitude of different curries out there - the bulk of which are extremely healthy. I think you will probably find the political opnion is actually pretty mainstream. It is only the tossers in the bigotted national party who cannot see this - but there again, they have never been renown for their intellect...........

I still can't quite see the connection between recent rising immigration and rising house prices. Apart from the dodgy Russians with dodgy money who are buying up Kensington and Chelski in bulk none of them can afford to buy anything!

One final point. Oracle - why be defensive about being Irish - us Celts are the indigenous population of the British Isles. The Anglo Saxon English should all go back to where they came from - Germany, Holland and Scandanavia!!

One final point. Oracle - why be defensive about being Irish - us Celts are the indigenous population of the British Isles. The Anglo Saxon English should all go back to where they came from - Germany, Holland and Scandanavia!!

"we come from the land of ice and snow

with the midnight sun

where the harsh winds blow"

I still can't quite see the connection between recent rising immigration and rising house prices. Apart from the dodgy Russians with dodgy money who are buying up Kensington and Chelski in bulk none of them can afford to buy anything!

Thats why you will be renting forever waiting for a house price crash which will never come!

Mass immigration in terms of numbers and effects on housing stock have been gone over again and agin and again over the years here with many igonoring facts, going along with the government spin - discussion of immigration is racist and the politics of hate etc...

It greatly pushes up prices as more people need this service!

BTW: It was the english celts who greatly suffered, displaced by the anglo-saxon immigration wave, they fled to form 'Britanny' in france, some remained as disenfranchised 'foreigners' in difficult to access parts of the UK. The word 'welsh' is anglosaxon abuse for 'foreigner'.

I agree, Paradox sounds like your typical hecktoring 1960s leftie to me.

There really is a distincitive Anglo - Saxon / Western way of life, which more and more of us are now comming to appreciate. Previous immigration waves easily asymilated, afterall Vikings had a fairly similar culture when one strips it all bare.

Im more than happy to stand up for Matabele's who fear thier culture is being undermined. By the same token I not afraid of my ancient culture, and yes I really do have one and although I love curry, my culture extends far beyond such triviality.

I note I dont see many white Liberals living in Southhall or Brixton - how odd?

Edited by dogbox