House Price Crash Forum

Where else in the UK can ya buy a 4 bed house for just under 90K and get you own ready made tip in the garden? This haouse is priceless and an absolute credit to its former "scum bag" owner! Hang your head in shame :lol:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-539...pa_n=8&tr_t=buy

So it's still for sale then?

Someone on here went to view it.

Guest Winners and Losers

Where else in the UK can ya buy a 4 bed house for just under 90K and get you own ready made tip in the garden? This haouse is priceless and an absolute credit to its former "scum bag" owner! Hang your head in shame :lol:

Hi CC, think someone posted this one before. Classic though. Looks like they put alot of thought into the photography. Marketing genius.

Hi CC, think someone posted this one before. Classic though. Looks like they put alot of thought into the photography. Marketing genius.

There's no point in hiding the state of a place like that! What must the inside be like?

Guest Winners and Losers

Hi WL. I just can't believe they actually published the pictures on the site! How stupid are some EAs' eh :lol:

:lol::lol:

My particular favourite being the artsy shot of the 'piece of wood on broken glass'.

The rubbish (or at least most of it) was actually dumped by neighbours, apparently!

Edited by 737

Guest Winners and Losers

The rubbish (or at least most of it) was actually dumped by neighbours, apparently!

Nice neighbours as well then, bonus. :unsure:

Near the tip at Newton heath some terraces sold for 250k. They can see the tip - its a few hundred yards away max. They'd have to sell in winter cos in summer it'd smell too much.

The guys in prison on rape charges or something. Someone went to see it from HPC.

Hi WL. I just can't believe they actually published the pictures on the site! How stupid are some EAs' eh :lol:

Three points to counter what you have said -

(1) By not showing that photograph it is possible that the EA could be prosecuted under the EA Act 1979. For instance you cannot advertise somewhere as being in a beautiful natural location and then show a photo of the delightful view from the rear window which is carefully angled to hide the nuclear reactor next door.

(2) What would you say if you were a buyer and the agent hid the state of the garden until such a time that you viewed?

(3) Do you not think that EAs have got considerably better things to do with their time than show people houses which are entirely inappropriate for the potential buyers? If I am going to show a property with obvious faults then I want to know that the buyer knows the faults because otherwise I risk completely wasting my time / petrol and getting a bad name with buyers (see (2))..

Three points to counter what you have said -

(1) By not showing that photograph it is possible that the EA could be prosecuted under the EA Act 1979. For instance you cannot advertise somewhere as being in a beautiful natural location and then show a photo of the delightful view from the rear window which is carefully angled to hide the nuclear reactor next door.

(2) What would you say if you were a buyer and the agent hid the state of the garden until such a time that you viewed?

(3) Do you not think that EAs have got considerably better things to do with their time than show people houses which are entirely inappropriate for the potential buyers? If I am going to show a property with obvious faults then I want to know that the buyer knows the faults because otherwise I risk completely wasting my time / petrol and getting a bad name with buyers (see (2))..

(4) Say to the vender " Ya house is a fecking mess, clean it up and stop wasting my time!" To hell with ya EA act 1979. Common sense will always be the way!!!!!

Edited by crash co-ordinator

Guest Winners and Losers

(4) Say to the vender " Ya house is a fecking mess, clean it up and stop wasting my time!" To hell with ya EA act 1979. Common sense will always be the way!!!!!

Guest Winners and Losers

My particular favourite being the artsy shot of the 'piece of wood on broken glass'. [WAL]

I think that's to show the electro-osmotic damp proofing on the wall.

Ah, so it has a practical application as well. Even better. Like I said, marketing genius. Where will it end!