House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paperclip

Shared Ownership Thread

>What ever you do don't listen to the previous advice, shared ownership >what a lot of cobblers, why not try these alternative sites to get a balanced view

>of the current market - housepricecrash.co.uk

>On what experience and information is this 'balanced advice' provided?

>Nobody on these boards is trying to get anyone to part with money (as far as I'm aware >anyway) - if people ask for advice, they are entitled to expect a polite and helpful response >from other members who have the appropriate experience and knowledge.

>Perhaps you might like to look into Shared Ownership rather than condemning it - it has >helped thousands of people to get on to the housing ladder who could not otherwise have >done so.

Have been trawling some other sites and came across this one. Looks like the reply came from somebody called 'Phi1'...wonder if could be the sidekick to the comedy duo Kirsty and Phil? It looks as though 'he' has been very busy today dishing out all sorts of wonderful advice....

If you would like to respond to his comments in person email: Phil12401@aol.com

>What ever you do don't listen to the previous advice, shared ownership what a lot of cobblers, why not try these alternative sites to get a balanced view of the current market - housepricecrash.co.uk

>On what experience and information is this 'balanced advice' provided?

>Nobody on these boards is trying to get anyone to part with money (as far as I'm aware >anyway) - if people ask for advice, they are entitled to expect a polite and helpful response >from other members who have the appropriate experience and knowledge.

>Perhaps you might like to look into Shared Ownership rather than condemning it - it has >helped thousands of people to get on to the housing ladder who could not otherwise have >done so.

Have been trawling some other sites and came across this one. Looks like the reply came from somebody called 'Phi1'...wonder if could be the sidekick to the comedy duo Kirsty and Phil? It looks as though 'he' has been very busy today dishing out all sorts of wonderful advice....

If you would like to respond to his comments in person email: Phi12401@aol.com

Unable to edit....corrected...email address...paperclip...

i think i got it sussed.

the wily agent planted the pickled plant pot on the pink placemat, while the cats on tv screen looked at the mouse on the moon.?

do i win £5

c'mon yeah. lets get all 'wordy' while those normal sensible slick city analysis type posters are all in devon for the weekend being girls. come on. words yeah. f*ck yeah,.!! word party.....

Edited by right_freds_dead

the main advantage of shared ownership is that you only have half the negative equity you might have had

You know. I have seriously considered this. However, I came to the conclusion that if flats that were selling in 1997 for 60K were selling for 320K that if it fell back to the level of 1997 in real terms that would mean 98K (based on 5% inflation which is nowhere like), and I really can't afford 111K of negative equity (unrecoverable debt), just because its 1/2 of the total negative equity.

You note that as soon as negative equity looked like a real possibility the government launched a new scheme (the share your home with the bank and the government scheme) that would have protected the bank and the government and passed all of the negativity onto the punter (dumb punter).

You note that as soon as negative equity looked like a real possibility the government launched a new scheme (the share your home with the bank and the government scheme) that would have protected the bank and the government and passed all of the negativity onto the punter (dumb punter).

More details please.

Billy Shears

More details please.

Billy Shears

It was in the last budget. The new scheme was, the government would cough in 15% the banks would cough in 15% and the punter would borrow less at a higher interest rate. The only fly in the ointment (apart from the fact that the punter was probably paying as much at the higher interest for the lower amount of money as they would at a lower interest rate for full borrowing) was that in the fine print, in the event that the punter lost money in a sale, the government had first call on the proceeds up to the full 15% it had 'bought' and the banks got the second call. The punter carried the full cost of losses.

Guest Guy_Montag

It was in the last budget. The new scheme was, the government would cough in 15% the banks would cough in 15% and the punter would borrow less at a higher interest rate. The only fly in the ointment (apart from the fact that the punter was probably paying as much at the higher interest for the lower amount of money as they would at a lower interest rate for full borrowing) was that in the fine print, in the event that the punter lost money in a sale, the government had first call on the proceeds up to the full 15% it had 'bought' and the banks got the second call. The punter carried the full cost of losses.

I like it; very, very evil. :o:lol::ph34r::huh: