House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battenberg

Please Recommend A Digital Camera For Me

I have a budget around the £200 mark. I was fancying something that looked more like a traditional camera but having looked at the slimmer ones I'm not sure the best way to go.

What have you got and would you recommend it?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Bought an 8mp Lumicron LDC-825z3 from Tesco for £95. Christmas they were selling them for £179.

The Kodak Easyshare Z700 range gets a good review on the gadget show.

Anything around 6mp is fine, but try to get as high a optical zoom as you can afford, do not confuse optical with digital zoom.

The Kodak Easyshare Z700 range gets a good review on the gadget show.

Anything around 6mp is fine, but try to get as high a optical zoom as you can afford, do not confuse optical with digital zoom.

Hi,

The newly introduced Canaon A620 is the update to the fabulous camera I have, the A80, and can't wait to get my hands on one. Currently best buys are direct from Canon on Ebay. Bought mine there. They are called refurbished but I believe it to be new. About £175 on a good day.

Regards

KT

I know it's double your budget, but if you want 'real camera' manual controls as well as fully automatic, great quality pics, and top ergonomics, I'd do for the digital SLR Nikon D50, at £398 including a lens kit.

I am sold on digital photography, but really want SLR creativity again as you can only do so much with a point-and-shooter.

I'd do for the digital SLR Nikon D50, at £398 including a lens kit.

I'm very tempted towards an SLR and have been watching the prices come down for months. I did look at that Nikon in Jessops Saturday. With all the sales going on I expect to see the SLR's come down even further but I'm just a 'wannabe' photographer and don't feel I know enough about it to justify spending that much just to do my ebay listings :unsure:

I'm very tempted towards an SLR and have been watching the prices come down for months. I did look at that Nikon in Jessops Saturday. With all the sales going on I expect to see the SLR's come down even further but I'm just a 'wannabe' photographer and don't feel I know enough about it to justify spending that much just to do my ebay listings :unsure:

If you can find it cheaper online, Jessops will price match for you.

If you can find it cheaper online, Jessops will price match for you.

thx :)